CF v.s. SD on 5D MarkIII

lhelmer

I'm looking to purchase a 5D MarkIII.  I've been on the T3i and the MarkIII can use SD or CF cards.  I obviously have SD cards for my T3i. 

[b]The question is[/b]: Will SD cards be capable of handling the 91Mbit ALL-I mode? Or will I need to purchase something like the SanDisk Extreme Pro 16GB 90Mb card?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
I tried both SD (95MB/s which is capped at 20MB/s ave. on the 5D3) & CF (Lexar Pro 600X; ~45MB/s ave.); quality was the same. No errors with SD. However I don't use ALL-I anymore after initial testing due to poor quality compared to IPB in CS5.5. Just installed CS6, will test ALL-I again and see if decoding quality has improved.

Don't have time for extensive tests, however in CS6 720p60 looks a bit better using ALL-I (detail). 1080p24 looks the same or IPB might be better for slow moving shots (detail). For CS6, it's no longer necessary to rename MOV to MPG to get real-time performance.