Premiere Pro hiding/deleting some of my markers

EphraimP

I'm wondering if anyone else has dealt with this weird Premiere problem, or if it's something the ever wonderful Adobe has decided to plague me alone with.

When editing doc-style narrative work, my first step is to bring alll of my interview footage into a sequence and listen through each clip, using markers to set in and out points for my subject's answers, using different colors to  grade the usability/importance of each. Yesteday I completed a listen-through for 4 different interview subjects for a project I'm editing on a tight deadline. I saved my work and then saved a copy of the project files to a different hard drive.

Today, when I opened my project and went to the interview sequence, the first interview, which included four seperate clips, and the last interview, a single clip, did not show the markers. The second and third interviews (each multiple clips long) had all of the markers I set. I closed the project and tried the backup copy, same result. I've tried earlier auto-saved versions, and I've actually seen markers on the final interview when the sequence opens, and they disappear after a split second. 

I really have no idea what's going on here of if I can resurrect my missing markers. If not, I'm looking a two or more hours re-marking up the interviews, and who knows If I'll lose them again. I'm hoping someone else has encountered this and can give me a solution. Thanks in advance.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

So here's an interesting thing I noticed about the files that lost their markers, they are Canon Cinema Raw Light. I shot the interviews for the clips that have kept their markers in XF-AVC. I've been working on this project all week, and up till now the raw files did keep their markers when I saved and closed the project.

Yesterday, after completing the markup, I was starting to think about color correction and I believe I changed the color temp on some of the Raws and then reset them. When I saved the project for a final time yesterday, all the markers were there. I'm starting to wonder if there is some bug specific to Canon Raw files that is causing the problem, perhaps becuase of the color temp reset. Howeve, I didn't do that for every raw file and have lost markers on every raw file (after having them save several times over the course of the week).

Very strange and frustrating...

Wish I could help, I switched to Davinci Resolve years ago and never looked back. For something as specific as you are describing I would ask on the Adobe Premier forum. When I encounter DR weirdness I typically ask on the BlackMagic forum and sometimes it is helpful.

One thing that I would do if I were you, was to save the current project with a different or maybe with the date in the name and proceed from there; that way if you get to a point where you lose your markers you can revert back to the previously named one and try again. Very frustrating I know, but at least you won't lose hours worth of work, just the amount of work since the last time you saved a copy of the project.

I also keep File History enabled in Windows 10, not sure if you are using a PC or a MAC, but with File History I can revert back almost immediately to a previous version of something; for Adobe that would be the project XML file. None of this will fix your problem, but at least you won't lose hours of work if Premier does lose your markers.

I can’t help you with this specific question but when working with Premiere, I make ‘leapfrog’ copies of every project.

Ie, around every 15-20 mins, I manually save as the original version we shall call X and then again manually as a version we shall call Y.

I then alternate working in each one every 15-20 mins and so if (when) Premier has a fit and over something, as it likes to from time to time, I just shut it down and reopen, but jump to the other copy if the last one I was working on has the issue.