Lightroom-style colour controls in PP / AE?

Inazuma

Hi there,

I am primarily a stills photographer and so am very comfortable with the Lightroom sliders for changing the hue, saturation and luminance of individual colours (ie. this). I also quite like the Clarity slider.

When it comes to video grading in Premiere Pro / After Effects, I am ok with the control I have over highlights, shadows, etc. However I can't find any effect with similar colour controls to Lightroom. Most of it is either sweeping changes to the whole image or individual channels (R/G/B). Can anyone point me to what I'm looking for? :)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

The bottom-line is, no, for normal footage, there isn't a tool just like the one you we have in Lightroom (which is great, btw!)

Short of using a plugin like Colorista or Filmconvert, you'll have to use Premiere's 'Fast Color Corrector' along with other plugins like 'Sharpen' and 'RGB curves' to get the resulting image you want.

Has anyone tried ColorGhear toolkit for After Effects? I was watching some of the overview of how it works on the website and it seems to produce pretty impressive results. According to the creator its specially designed with the limitations dslr codecs in mind and that using these tools you can push the grade a lot further without the codec breaking down compared to other tools....again according to the guy who made it. 

You can load your video into Photoshop CC, convert to a Smart Object, use Adobe Camera RAW as a filter, then render back out.

Fuck yeah, I never thought of it. You are my master now.

[edit] Now I really need 10bit files, oh god I'm loving it...

Ohhh man I am sooo happy right now...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You can load your video into Photoshop CC, convert to a Smart Object, use Adobe Camera RAW as a filter, then render back out.

Hey, this is pretty significant. I haven't seen anything that touches this ability to pull shadows and adjust highlights. The work flow will be a little funky... but this is a big deal.