Canon XF605 - Random Sea test -

Danilo Del Tufo

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Did you buy a new camera, Danilo? What about your aSIII?

After various test made with A7SIII, I was not satisfied so I traded in to buy XF605, very similar to my old camera HPX170, more comfortable. Changing lens to have 3x zoom or similar, and the risk of dust into the sensor of A7SIII, make me think is not well designed for my generic use.

11 hours ago, Owlgreen said:

Thanks for the tests. This is one of the best pictures I've seen from a "camcorder". I like camcorders. How is the EVF?

The image looks indistinguishable from my XC10, although I haven't edited the files from it in a while.  Maybe with a much more contrasty grade the 10-bit advantage of this camera would be more visible.

Sort of a Long review of the Canon XF605. Looks like a beast of a camcorder. When you factor in you don't need any lenses for it, or NDs, on and on it is really a pretty good deal and a nice pick it up and go solution with a nice looking output.

This thing is a top end machine. Now if I just had 5k laying around. It has everything but the kitchen sink.

On 7/7/2022 at 6:01 AM, webrunner5 said:

Wow this thing can put out some pretty killer footage in the right hands. Might be the camera of the year.

Beautiful footage indeed, puts it at a new camcorder level indeed : ) It could be a grand less at least, even though without VAT in Europe ends for about €3500.

Yeah, but like I said above the cost alone for several really nice lenses is easily half the price of the camcorder. And are you even then going to have a 15x range on them? If you bought a Canon R5 and the kit lens you would be as much as this camcorder. 

Camcorders of this type now are the go to camera for all the newspaper, TV stations where I live. They only use the big ENG stuff for super special events, sports in a fixed position now. You could totally make a living with that camcorder.

I really, really want a XC15 style camera with internal ND and a newer 1" sensor with 10-bit CLOG3. If they could improve the lens and make it a 24-240 f/2.8-4...I think it would be a killer little "bridge" cinema camera for pretty much anything.

I have a R5C and I have been enjoying the 3K s16 RAW mode on the RF 24-70 and especially on the RF 70-200. But honestly it renewed my crazy want for a new XC style camera even more.

Fuck it. I'm going to rent a XC10 next month and pretend its what I want 🙂