5D markiii or GH4

Cosimo murgolo

I am about to get a new camera, but I can make my mind up whether to take a 5d or gh4.
I know for sure that I love and I want it to record  short footage that have a film look.
The 5d with the raw features will let me have more room on color grading, but I am also concerning the the post production work.
The gh4 I think is more for documentaries work, looks nice don't get me wrong.
What do guy think? What shall I get.
I know this is personal but I am struggling, I can't decide.
Thank you very much for your help.
modify_inline.gif

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

This is the anamorphic section of the forum. In the general section of the Forum there are more threads about both 5DMk3 and GH4. Here's a recent thread for 5DMk3: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Thank you very much for the link. 

The camera I am going to get it will be paired with an anamorphic lens. :)

Tusen takk!!

Well the 5D3 won't be too hard a workflow soon, especially now that ML .mlv raw recording mode is supported by FFMPEG.

The only thing that would swing me towards the GH4 is the slow-mo, but you can ramp up ML RAW with fps override - not to 96fps though.

Also, with a dedicated speedbooster coming out your lenses will become faster & FF on the GH4.

Damn! Its a tough choice, but Andrew is going to release another article which, by the sounds of it, will deal with this exact question.

How's the GH4 with pictures, because if it isn't as good as the 5D3 then that would be a deal breaker for me.

However, the most important question is, Do you need 4K?

& a 4K which doesn't have the kind of DR that 5D3 RAW does...

Personally, wait for more [better] footage to surface.

Well the 5D3 won't be too hard a workflow soon, especially now that ML .mlv raw recording mode is supported by FFMPEG.

The only thing that would swing me towards the GH4 is the slow-mo, but you can ramp up ML RAW with fps override - not to 96fps though.

Also, with a dedicated speedbooster coming out your lenses will become faster & FF on the GH4.

Damn! Its a tough choice, but Andrew is going to release another article which, by the sounds of it, will deal with this exact question.

How's the GH4 with pictures, because if it isn't as good as the 5D3 then that would be a deal breaker for me.

However, the most important question is, Do you need 4K?

& a 4K which doesn't have the kind of DR that 5D3 RAW does...

Personally, wait for more [better] footage to surface.

As usual, you are always very kind to reply and leave good tips, I really appreciate  that, I mean it.

Thank you very much, yes it's a tough choice.

It will all depend how much money I'll raise, as I am selling some stuff on ebay.

A canon 60D + canon 17-55 f2.8 + canon 10-22 f 3.5 4.5 and a canon 50mm 1.8 all together.

Sorry a bit of advertisement there, but you see I don't give a link as most people do everywhere.

Thanks anyway.