Japanese tech cartel

Matins 2

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
5 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Who in the hell even uses an Optical Disk Drive anymore? I haven't owned one for years and years.

"The Commission considered that the cartel participants had coordinated their competitive behaviour, at least
between 23 June 2004 and 25 November 2008."

"It's 2036, who uses 14 year old optics?!"

The press release is dated yesterday, and the statute of limitations for these things extends back a ways, plus it was an existing ruling.

Always good to have government oversight to prevent for-profit companies over-reaching.  When left to their own devices, the profit motive will put the public in significant danger in all kinds of cruel and unusual ways, sadly.

Oh my God there is not an honest large company in the world. They all are looking for an edge, it is called competition at any cost. If everyone cheats you Have to cheat. 

Sure it needs to be regulated, but it is never going away. Paying a dinky fine is better than going out of business. You think China plays by the rules and you are just going to not do anything to try and level the playing field. You must have never been in business I guess. That is why so many small businesses go out of business because the bigger ones bust your balls. The big boys don't play fair, not at all. The world is crooked as hell like it or not. Always has been always will be.

Sad to say but most governments, local and national are corrupt as hell also. Any time there is money involved all bets are off. It might start off well be never ends well. Very little in life is fair, death included. Humans are about the worse thing ever invented.

I don't know how it is as of late in the USA or the rest of the world, but when I was younger you could not believe how much the Mob controlled, and what they were involved in, and the overall control they had. They had their hands into everything. If there was money to be had they were into it. And I am talking big and little cities. It was crazy.

I had several friends that were in the mob, and once you are in you are in, only way out is to take a fall for some big guy, jail time, or get killed. I knew guys that were bone breakers, hit men you name it. You can bet your ass they still control a lot of stuff. They were involved in the garbage collection business, Hazardous Waste removal you name it. They control the loading docks at harbors, trucking, on and on. You talk about evil, that is it. Now you have gangs doing a lot of the same.

19 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

I don't know how it is as of late in the USA or the rest of the world, but when I was younger you could not believe how much the Mob controlled, and what they were involved in, and the overall control they had. They had their hands into everything. If there was money to be had they were into it. And I am talking big and little cities. It was crazy.

I had several friends that were in the mob, and once you are in you are in, only way out is to take a fall for some big guy, jail time, or get killed. I knew guys that were bone breakers, hit men you name it. You can bet your ass they still control a lot of stuff. They were involved in the garbage collection business, Hazardous Waste removal you name it. They control the loading docks at harbors, trucking, on and on. You talk about evil, that is it. Now you have gangs doing a lot of the same.

You never said you had underworld connections...   maybe we can use them to finally get someone to make the perfect camera!