Guess The Cameras, 8bit And 10bit United, 420 HD Champ and 10bit 4K Image Primus!!!

PannySVHS

Hey Cats,

just wishing you all a good night or a good morning, whereever you are.:) Below is a video I shot with a friend of mine.

Music is live from the band in this video. I cut two takes of the song together to make it fit within the 1min limit. Edit took me a while though, rough cut and 80% of the job was done quickly, but tell me about the last 20 or maybe 15%.:)

The 8bit challenger in my book is a great camera. 420 HD wonder. Color channels show plenty noise when going for a colourful and contrasty grade. But the colour palette and dynamic range are there and plenty. Filming was without preproduction nor did we have time to concept. So rolling with the punches. In the mix the mighty 20mm Canon FD plus Soligor/ Hanimex 35-70 F2.5-3.5 which got kicked against by a kid on the loose two years ago and has also fallen off the camera the same summer. On cam1 was the trusty 24 - 105mm Canon L on a speedbooster. If you like a good "guess the camera" game, here we got a good challenge, twice. 🙂

The puppet, the group of puppetiers, the musicians and the whole project is really someting. Cannot wait to do the next project with them. Have a great week. cheers

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

For those who are interested in these kinda sujets, the puppeteer and theater group is located in Berlin. The two musicians are too, who improvised for an hour with their beautiful music.

So, no camera guesses yet. I guess you are focussed on the 8K RAW dream machines.:) Guess the camera is a fun game. Common, afficiandos, have some kewl guessing and foremost, have a kewl week. cheers 🙂

Not bad as a guess. Is it too early for hints?:) The 8bit machine is a classic 1080p machine with tasty surprises. It is not a A7S. Otherwise you would have taken have the crown already for the guess the camera game. The other camera has not been tried to indentify. So still plenty room for guesses and hints. 🙂

Yeah, loved the G6. Had the perfect colour science for grading it. Ungraded without some secret sauce it was not the hottest colours. But once you got a hang of it, beautiful. Most organic HD I had. Liked it more than the pixel perfect GH5 HD image. Now, you are far away but pretty close at the same time. Next hint, the 420 is older than the G6.

How about figuring out the 10bit beast? Shots are about half and half between the two cameras, maybe a tiny bit more of the 10bit image.

8bit mystery solved. A beast with a speedbooster on its snout. A hungry image taker for 10 years now. Still loose and hungry to explore tasty treats of images. So Sony APSC from @MrSMW was perfectly ture. A7S guess @FHDcrew was not shabby neither, though colour from the FS700 is much more versatile. No contest in my experience. On the speedbooster it was the 24- 105 Canon L zoom, turning the APSC FS700 practically into a FF cam. Not my lens unfortunately.

Gh5 it is not but could perfectly have been. But then you have to figure. What are the widest shots and how have they been achieved? Hint:)

4 hours ago, PannySVHS said:

What is a S1/S5? I don´t know that camera!!!!! So you are wrong!!!! 🙂

Panasonic Lumix S1 and S5 plus legendary first Netflix approved mirrorless, the mighty S1H 🤗

Not the right cameras but the cameras Ricardo guessed.

A good guess. @webrunner5 It's a FS700 with a speedy booster, 8bit internal 420. SLog2 in sufficient light is working great for video. Mercer already revealed it. 😊

Darn, the 10bit powerhouse is a S1. So you both were right in mentioning it. @Ricardo Constantino @MrSMW

After our friend Mercer solved 75% of the riddle, you two did the rest. Anyone else giving great hints. Thanks for the fun to all of you!

The takeaway for me is, FS700 was doing really good. And ultra wide angle in FF is a great tool to have. Both cameras match well. Props to the FS700. Gradingwise, colour bleeding and artefacts are a non issues with the S1, whereas with the FS700 issues would appear at some point. The 8bit contender can still provide a tasteful colorful look under harsh sunlight and is doing well enough in Grading to achieve the desired look. HD delivery shows both cams perfectly in harmony. cheers