The Spam War Continues - Fake YouTube Camera Reviews

FHDcrew

Wanted to point out some pretty funny stuff over in YouTube land. There are a decent amount of “spam” camera-related YouTube channels, with AI voices and stock footage, along with plenty of affiliate links. Just take a look at the comments section. They are so fake

Check out this one. The AI voice and mispronounciations are very funny. Didn’t know Blackmagic came out with a BMPCC Fork!  Now I can eat my meals in BRAW!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

“Wow, these cameras are really great, with impeccable resolution, great settings. I didn't know most of them and your video updated me.”

“Great review, you have captured perfectly what was expressed, it is appreciated that you have shared it, I liked how you express yourself in your videos, congratulations..--”

“Thanks for the wonderful and we'll explained topic on inflammation, I have been watching your Videos and it's really excellent 👍👍👍

YT is a very strange place indeed.

Recently I found a YT channel that uses exclusively primitive CGI footage and artificially-generated robot voices (I suspect deliberately made worse) and yet it is far far far too funny to not be humanly generated.  Here is one video I recommend:

I also recommend the Queen's Gambit Defence video too - longer but worth it.

If this is AI, it's not all bad!

There's a really 'funny' video ad on YouTube right now where the guy suddenly stops speaking (visually) but continues to talk...because of course it's an AI voice.

Claims 98% of people wouldn't notice.

Officially then, 98% of the planet are a bit stoopid.

This. Is. An. Artificially. Generated. Voice. It. Is. Impossible. To. Tell. Though. As. It. Is. Exactly. The. Same. As. How. I. Speak. In. Real. Life.

5 minutes ago, MrSMW said:

There's a really 'funny' video ad on YouTube right now where the guy suddenly stops speaking (visually) but continues to talk...because of course it's an AI voice.

Claims 98% of people wouldn't notice.

Officially then, 98% of the planet are a bit stoopid.

This. Is. An. Artificially. Generated. Voice. It. Is. Impossible. To. Tell. Though. As. It. Is. Exactly. The. Same. As. How. I. Speak. In. Real. Life.

I think that kind of stuff is done to make dumb people feel smart. Like those memes on Facebook that say something like "99% of you won't be able to find the hidden word", or whatever, even though it's fairly obvious. Your racist aunt will share it, with the text "found it!" regardless. 

I'm not sure what the end goal is, there has to be one, but it seems similar. 

I watched this video recently, which I thought was quite enlightening..

One thing it mentioned was that advertising / media / marketing deliberately do things that will filter out unwanted people from the pipeline:

• spam makes copious amounts of spelling errors as they don't want to waste time trying to con educated people
  • get rich quick types are deliberately assholes so that they can sell to people who care about money more than people
  • etc..