Pentax K focal reducer to Micro 4/3 , fit BMPCC?

slatr

• 2 weeks later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The adapter came in yesterday and I am impressed so far. The device was well protected and it fits my BMPCC really well.

Something about the focus peaking has struck me as odd. It seems focus peaking is working better with the adapter than without it.

I'll try to do some test videos that I can share soon.

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds cool since I have several k mount lenses......let us know how this goes. I've been on the fence on getting the BMPCC since I've been adding up the "associated costs" (metabones/lenses etc) but if this adapter works well I would be more inclined to go for it if for an extra $140 I could use my existing Pentax lenses....with better crop factor that is....

• 2 weeks later...

This screen grab should give you an idea of the crop factor. Standard Pentax K to Micro 4/3 on the left, Focal Reducer on the right.

See attached.

Ignore the color differences between the two.

post-33781-0-71084900-1404666387_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the thumbnails. Since I just pulled the trigger on the Black Magic Pocket at the new price today I'm now looking at this item since I have several k mount lenses. How's the performance overall?

You are welcome. I feel like the performance is very good. However, I will say the crop is still fairly drastic on a 50mm lens, even with the adapter. The adapter improves this some as you saw in the still grab from Resolve above.

I am trying to decide what would be a good test to show you beyond a still file.

That looks good! Thanks for the shots! I think I'll order me up one of those when my Pocket gets here. Hopefully soon but I missed B&H's stock on hand and have fingers crossed on the wait. I have 28mm, 50mm, 85mm and 135mm Pentax k lenses. I'll still need a wide angle of some sort but for the rest of the range I should be set. 

Thank you, I forgot to tell you the lens I am using DOH!  :)

It is a Pentax 50mm 1.4 K mount manual lens.

I would be interested to see your 28mm with the reducer.

I hope you get your BMPCC soon.

Because of the confusion surround the Pocket sale I'm not buying the reducer until I have the Pocket in hand. It's one of those things where I ordered early enough and if anyone's getting a gigantic backorder of cameras it's B&H but I'm still playing it safe. I couldn't resist though and did buy a 12.5mm C mount lens (A Meopta Largor) but I figure if I don't get a Pocket I may go ahead and get a Bolex so that lens will be usable elsewhere. 

• 8 months later...