For sale: Hypergonar 16mm Anamorphic & Isco Gottingen Kiptar Anamorphic

sicovdplas

He guys,

Im selling my anamorphics since im getting the new Black magic design camera.

Auction links:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/180876305550?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
http://www.ebay.com/itm/180875653313?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

FYI: The Isco Gottingen Kiptar is made from the Carl Zeiss factories, and it has NO focus scale, meaning when using a diopter, you will be able to focus with your Prime lens only, not the whole anamorphic, this is very RARE, also these lenses are very Sharp! (I have not tested this method of focusing but since it's a fixed anamorphic, it would make common sense in terms of focusing)

The Hypergonar is sold with the Lens clamp (55mm thread) and has beautiful flares, and is lightweight, with this one you will need to rack focus, but it has a rather nice focus distance starting from 1 meter till Infinity

a video I shot with the Hypergonar attached to a Canon 7D
http://vimeo.com/40899151

Cheers Guys!
Sico van der Plas

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
He Thierry,

There is not yet anything confirmed about the camera (the lens / adapter part) since im using old Contax zeiss lenses im waiting for facts if they work.

For now these babies are eating dust, and i'm rarely using them, which i find really sad since these things are quite rare.

These will work on some lenses for crop its best to use with a 50/55mm lens (Canon 60d, 600d, 550d etc)
on Gh2 they would work easily with 50mm.

I have not yet tested them on a Fullframe camera.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote author=Andrew Reid link=topic=694.msg5515#msg5515 date=1337479218]
The Hypergonar is one I've not yet tried - and I might be interested in doing so - however do you need to rack focus with both the prime AND the anamorphic, or just on the anamorphic?
[/quote]

I am not sure about the 16mm version, but I have the 35mm Hi-Fi 2. For that, you do need to focus both elements. I also have the 8mm "Baby" version (still waiting on mounting hardware to try it out) and I was under the impression that both elements on that had to be focused. However, there does not seem to be a focus ring on it, so perhaps not!

He Andrew,

with the hypergonard you will need to focus both lenses, i've not yet tried with diopters - minimal focus distance is either 1 meter or 1FT. i'm not sure!

With the Isco Gottingen, you will only need to focus the prime lens (you will need diopters, since focus distance is about 2/3 meters) also it's quite heavy and large.