Fuji X-H2S

BTM_Pix

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
10 hours ago, WaitWhat said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM8ejsR_-MQ

Pretty good footage with better narrative... 

First watch on my tablet I didn't notice anything but later on my desktop monitor I found weird noise in the shadows. What do you think guys ?

Looks like they used film grain in the edit and YouTube butchered it like it always does

13 hours ago, WaitWhat said:

. What do you think guys ?

Colour looks partially too desaturated in the skintones. Colour in this video reminds me of some GH4 videos shot in Cine D and graded. Not bad but also not astonishing.

Here is an example of a GH4 video which compares pretty well to the Fuji video imo. Dynamic range is recognizably less in some parts of the video. It´s a different colour palette and a good example of 8bit goodness under these harsh light conditons. At 2.10 it´s falling apart for a few seconds but other than that, not bad for an 8 year old 8bit camera.

12 hours ago, Phil A said:

Looks like they used film grain in the edit and YouTube butchered it like it always does

Yes maybe, or they used F-Log2 to get extra dynamic range but it looks noisier..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd1j-D01iFc&t=8s

By the way, Gerald Undone recommands to de-noise the footage later in post. He got good results with DaVinci Resolve.

On 6/24/2022 at 1:31 PM, WaitWhat said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM8ejsR_-MQ

Pretty good footage with better narrative... 

First watch on my tablet I didn't notice anything but later on my desktop monitor I found weird noise in the shadows. What do you think guys ?

I think it looks superb and makes me wanna dump my gear and go out and shoot with an XH2S immediately!

According to the BTS video/page it was all shot in 6K open-gate mode, mostly Flog2 and those noisy shots were at ISO8000. I like the Fuji noise though it resembles film grain not ugly chroma noise or banding.

https://fujifilm-x.com/fr-fr/stories/x-h2s-short-film-where-are-you-going-x-aditya-varma/

I love the look of these Fuji mirrorless cams - just waiting for them to get their video AF sh*t together. If they had I would've bought a couple of XT4s and called it a day, years ago. Any word on whether it's looking better with the XH2S?

Which is what I should have been doing just over 2 years ago and then I’d be switching up 2 of those 3 bodies Spring ‘23.

Covid killed that for me but I was already struggling a bit with the lenses.

They have now fixed that for me.

It’s an option for next year but I’m in no rush and no fixed plans so…

15 hours ago, Ty Harper said:

I love the look of these Fuji mirrorless cams - just waiting for them to get their video AF sh*t together. If they had I would've bought a couple of XT4s and called it a day, years ago. Any word on whether it's looking better with the XH2S?

Even with the usual caveats about pre-pro firmware, video AF looks good in this one that @Django posted back on page 3

https://youtu.be/NpBN7-qGgWE

After my personal fiasco with the R7 (on the other thread) I explored a bit the Fuji option, mainly because of the versality of the new 18-120mm.

At the moment, locally, the total cost of X-H2S+18-120+battery= 4.000euros

Not too much, but not a bargain ofcourse.

Lol I'd normally agree with ya but if you look carefully aside from that one gimbal crane rig shot most of the shots are just the guy alone with a tripod. For the ProRes RAW recording on Atomos he's got an assistant (probably from Fuji). The rest of the visible crew are probably just typical people you'd find on any music video set (props, makeup, sound etc). It honestly wasn't overkill. Also that BTS is for two separate music videos, that's why it may seem like there's a lot people/gear..

I find this type of real-life shoot so much more interesting than pixel peeping color/DR charts or walking around backyard testing AF/IBIS.

3 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

I always laugh when they want you to buy a 2500 dollar camera and they show the results using 100,000 dollars of shit and a crew of 10 to get the shot.

They are all at it…

Sigma did it with the FP (fella in the trailer with the specs and the Japanese kid in the shop?) and Panasonic with the S1H (Kepler something…)

Great little films and to be fair, a good showcase for those that do work on such type things with a bit of a budget and crew.

I’m just inspired if I can get even close as a one man band.

I can’t, but as they say, shoot for the stars and you might just hit the moon…

I do own a cine lens and use it on every job 😬

14 hours ago, MrSMW said:

They are all at it…

Sigma did it with the FP (fella in the trailer with the specs and the Japanese kid in the shop?) and Panasonic with the S1H (Kepler something…)

Great little films and to be fair, a good showcase for those that do work on such type things with a bit of a budget and crew.

Yeah as even for a budgeted/crewed production, then 10 people is still rather micro-sized. 

And it is fair enough if they want to show off the camera in the best possible light. (pun totally intentional)