Fuji X-H2S

BTM_Pix

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
7 hours ago, hyalinejim said:

That's another one of those endless fake comparison videos clogging up YT. 

And how do you know that? I have that phone I know what the output looks like, and it looks like that video does also. That channel has been around for years.

I doubt any of the videos on that channel are real. Most probably the same camera in every comparison and every single video, if the shots haven't been nicked from elsewhere. It's a clickbait account, similar to quite a few others with similar names and the same modus operandi. If you do a search for any new camera and sort by upload date you'll see a ton of this bullshit masquerading as genuine comparisons. 

5 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Well, I am crushed, I have nothing to contribute. (...)

Hey don't dare you man, you're truly missed! : ) Everyone here has thought the same as our good fellow wrote up there, they always intend to seem legit but they are just a pain in the ass : (

On the rest of the quote, you're in good shape as always ;- )

Well, I don't do much anymore video wise. I have just run out of ideas, and too old to walk around for hours looking for nature stuff to shoot, so I take a few photos anymore and that is about it. And even then, with my Smartphones mostly. I think the Sony one is pretty good for a phone; it does have Sony A7 DNA in it, and the Apple one is great for social media if you don't want to do anything to it.

I don't want to highjack this thread, but this link shows a few pictures of the ability of the Sony Smartphone. The reason I bought it, and as you know I have had a Lot of cameras over the years. It is a great camera. Nothing you are going to stick in your pocket is going to beat it. Not shot by me.

Xperia Pro I

On 6/10/2022 at 10:17 AM, Andrew Reid said:

Size benefit of crop sensor cameras vs full frame has truly gone out the window lately hasn't it?

Yep, one of my gripes moving from m4/3 to Fuji - their lenses are on the bigger side (albeit VERY good optically), except the Nocticrons (have 2).

The newest Sigma 18-50 f/2.8 size should be the standard for modern APS-C lenses size.

Just noticed that the official F-Log LUTs for the X-H2s are exactly the same as for the X-T3/4. Even the Eterna LUT, which is a well defined look. If that's the same, then the F-Log source that it's applied on has to be the same as well. Makes me think... did Fujifilm tweak color data coming from this new sensor to match X-Trans IV sensors, or the sensor is not that different after all?
I mean, the F-Log LUTs for X-Trans III and X-Trans IV are clearly different, why are they the same for X-Trans IV and the new X-Trans CMOS 5 HS?

@Attila Bakos Dunno, here is the page dedicated to the new sensor: https://fujifilm-x.com/fr-fr/products/x-trans-cmos/

What I wonder is if they have finally found a way to fix those false color issues plaguing Xtrans that we talked about couple months ago? does this point give promise:

Arrangement of G pixel on all diagonal lines

G pixels are placed in all diagonal lines. It improves the accuracy of diagonal high-frequency image detection and color interpolation

10 hours ago, Attila Bakos said:

Just noticed that the official F-Log LUTs for the X-H2s are exactly the same as for the X-T3/4. Even the Eterna LUT, which is a well defined look. If that's the same, then the F-Log source that it's applied on has to be the same as well. Makes me think... did Fujifilm tweak color data coming from this new sensor to match X-Trans IV sensors, or the sensor is not that different after all?
I mean, the F-Log LUTs for X-Trans III and X-Trans IV are clearly different, why are they the same for X-Trans IV and the new X-Trans CMOS 5 HS?

Because the photosenstive layer of the new X-Trans V HS is essentially the same as X-Trans IV, hence their colorimetry is the same so F-log implementation was copied over.