Fuji X-H2S

BTM_Pix

7 minutes ago, FS670ES said:

I am sure that it will be a great camera for many but I am finally jumping ship from Fuji.

But to where?? Everything else is a compromise as well, just a different set of pros/cons. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
24 minutes ago, hyalinejim said:

If it was in stock and if money was no object I guess the Z9 would be an almost perfect camera.

Depends on our needs but for mine (ultimate hybrid), right now, it would be the current benchmark.

Pure stills, Fuji GFX100s.

Pure video, my needs, probably still S1H.

Most compact (hybrid), OM-1.

Point being, there’s no one perfect solution…

11 hours ago, IronFilm said:

But to where?? Everything else is a compromise as well, just a different set of pros/cons. 

That is true, but since I don't have high end video needs then it can be Panasonic S5 for me (at least good IBIS and AF not much worse in video and in stills it's actually better), A7 IV (great AF and ok IBIS) or maybe wait a little and see what Nikon Z6 III will look like (my guess is that it will be great). OM-1 is also fantastic (great size, lenses, AF and best IBIS but this sensor for stills gives me a pause though)

I am long enough with Fuji and I know that their AF and IBIS drive me crazy. Apart from that they are pretty much great. Colors, DR, ergonomics, fun factor, size with smaller primes, 4k120, rolling shutter, 1/32000 for stills and so on.

On 6/6/2022 at 7:30 PM, FS670ES said:

they still can't fix their AF algorithm and their sticky IBIS 

We absolutely don't know that these aren't better yet. 

Early footage has looked alright to me (there barely is any), but we only have to wait another month to actually see how those things really have or haven't improved instead of guessing

Yes, need more footage from people who know what they are doing.

For example, only one demonstration of the new 18-120 zoom specifically seems to show

parfocal zooming when in manual focus:

It needs to stay in focus with AF off, otherwise any AF camera with an AF zoom could be called "parfocal", (until the

AF jumps, and then it isn't.)

All the other Youtube demos I've seen obviously have the autofocus on, which shows occasional small vibrations in the image as the focus-by-wire motors are activated.

Same with the old exposure stepping. It is in all the other youtube demos except this one.

Need more reliable demos.

3 minutes ago, Jay60p said:

For example, only one demonstration of the new 18-120 zoom specifically seems to show

It needs to stay in focus with AF off, otherwise any AF camera with an AF zoom could be called "parfocal", (until the

All the other Youtube demos I've seen obviously have the autofocus on, which shows occasional small vibrations in the image as the focus-by-wire motors are activated.

Same with the old exposure stepping. It is in all the other youtube demos except this one.

This looks potentially amazing.

3 hours ago, Jay60p said:

IIRC from the Fuji presentation or one of the reviews - I can't remember after watching so many LOL - right now the 18-120 is the only lens that doesn't suffer from the exposure stepping. Most reviews I've seen didn't have that lens.

The parfocal and internal zoom is nice though. Aperture adjustments are supposed to be stepless as well, and Fuji claims almost no focus breathing. This lens looks like a great video workhorse. Too bad its not f/2.8.

Chris

here's a new video centric review:

so many quirks it seems.. AF, IBIS, that horrible smear bug (wtf) and yeah the zoom lens exposure issues.

I so wanna love this camera cuz on paper the specs are great but then it sounds like so many compromises and also the severe lack of exposure tools. is there even a rec709 assist view when shooting log? I haven't shot Fuji since XT2..

5 hours ago, Django said:

so many quirks it seems.. AF, IBIS, that horrible smear bug (wtf) and yeah the zoom lens exposure issues.

I so wanna love this camera cuz on paper the specs are great but then it sounds like so many compromises and also the severe lack of exposure tools. is there even a rec709 assist view when shooting log? I haven't shot Fuji since XT2..

The image just looks awful and I’ve seen the grading they do on other cameras 

12 hours ago, Django said:

My wild guess is that a future firmware update will bring waveforms and anamorphic modes.

On 6/9/2022 at 1:29 AM, Jay60p said:

It's a Fly by wire lens isn't it?

If so, then no matter if it's in AF or MF motors 'could' make the adjustment even if it's in MF. 

Either way, this looks like a great lens for video. Well done Fuji.

5 hours ago, A_Urquhart said:

It's a Fly by wire lens isn't it?  If so, then no matter if it's in AF or MF motors 'could' make the adjustment even if it's in MF.

Saw the lens today at CineGear:

x-h1s-w-18-120l.jpg.1450e7cc011527f0321e17db797c5951.jpgx-h1s-w-18-120r.jpg.4f9e9eea5e23191b34ba8f1ba16952bf.jpg

Didn't ask if it's parfocal or completely focus-by-wire, but the rocker-controlled motorized zoom and focus is cool.

On the other hand, It's doubtful that anyone will be hitting focus marks with the focus rocker switch.

16 hours ago, A_Urquhart said:

It's a Fly by wire lens isn't it?

If so, then no matter if it's in AF or MF motors 'could' make the adjustment even if it's in MF.

Exactly.

Which is why I’m still looking for demos that show how the zoom behaves under various
conditions.

Such as: Aperture wide open vs stopped down, auto ISO/shutter/aperture vs. manual, slow zooms vs. fast, manual focus ring behavior etc. Since I never use auto focus, funky AF will not be a deal breaker for me.

I expect the Fuji-made video that I linked to above shows it working under it’s best conditions, and it looks fine.

But I expect there will be some limitations compared to a true cinema zoom, due to the focus/zoom/aperture control by wire. So waiting for more tests. Then I will see if I can work around the limitations.

And please all you vloggers, I could care less how IBIS looks holding the camera at arm’s length
and pointing it at my head. I’ve never done that and never will. (Two hands & the Ninja walk!)