BTM_Pix

• Super Members

Seems to do quite a lot doesn't it ?

Good to see ProRes internal.

• Fuјіfіlm Х-Н2Ѕ Dіgіtаl Саmеrа Воdу Кеу Fеаturеѕ:
  • А bасk-іllumіnаtеd 26.1МР Х-Тrаnѕ 5 ѕtасkеd іmаgіng ѕеnѕоr
  • Nехt-lеvеl реrfоrmаnсе frоm Lіghtnіng-fаѕt Х-Рrосеѕѕоr 5
  • Ехраndеd lоw lіght сараbіlіtіеѕ аnd uр tо 14-ѕtорѕ оf dуnаmіс rаngе
  • 3.0-іnсh, 1.62 mіllіоn dоt vаrі-аnglе tоuсh Ѕсrееn LСD mоnіtоr 5.76 mіllіоn dоt rеѕоlutіоn еlесtrоnіс vіеwfіndеr
  • Uр tо 40 frаmеѕ реr ѕесоnd uѕіng thе еlесtrоnіс ѕhuttеr
  • Uр tо 15 frаmеѕ реr ѕесоnd uѕіng thе mесhаnісаl ѕhuttеr
  • 4К/120Р, 6.2К/30Р аnd НD/240Р vіdео rесоrdіng fоrmаtѕ
  • Rесоrdѕ Аррlе РrоRеѕНQ іntеrnаllу іn 10-bіt аt 4:2:2
  • Nеwlу dеvеlореd Flоg2 еnсоdіng fоr grеаtеr dуnаmіс rаngе
  • Uр tо 7 ѕtорѕ оf Іntеrnаl Воdу Іmаgе Ѕtаbіlіѕаtіоn (ІВІЅ)
  • Оffеrѕ ехtеrnаl rесоrdіng оf РrоRеѕ Rаw аnd Вlасkmаgіс Rаw
  • Ѕubјесt dеtесtіоn wіth dеер lеаrnіng АІ аdарtіvе аutоfосuѕ Іdеntіfіеѕ аnd trасkѕ саrѕ, рlаnеѕ, trаіnѕ, bіrdѕ, hоrѕеѕ аnd mоrе
  • Соnѕіѕtеnt АF реrfоrmаnсе thаt wоrkѕ іn lіght lеvеlѕ аѕ lоw аѕ -7ЕV

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

More impressive than the camera (which looks great) is that XF18-120mm. Parfocal, minimal breathing, weather-sealed, and a power zoom built into the lens! Fantastic. Lenses make or break a system and Fuji just laid down the gauntlet to other manufacturers. Sony and Canon have some impressive cine options, but no lenses that are equally at home in photo and video mode. This XF18-120mm is a new breed. Panasonic have some incredible lenses in both m43 and L mount, but I sure do wish the Lumix division would work with their video division and turn some of their beautiful stills glass into cine versions. 

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

More impressive than the camera (which looks great) is that XF18-120mm. Parfocal, minimal breathing, weather-sealed, and a power zoom built into the lens! Fantastic. Lenses make or break a system and Fuji just laid down the gauntlet to other manufacturers. Sony and Canon have some impressive cine options, but no lenses that are equally at home in photo and video mode. This XF18-120mm is a new breed. Panasonic have some incredible lenses in both m43 and L mount, but I sure do wish the Lumix division would work with their video division and turn some of their beautiful stills glass into cine versions. 

Yes!

If the descriptions turn out true in September, I’m getting the lens this fall.

“…minimal focus breathing, stepless aperture control, and constant F4 aperture. Pull focus, make precise adjustments to iris, or change focal length without causing any noticeable distractions to the recorded footage.”

All depends on what is “noticeable” to you.  But no doubt will be a huge improvement over the present
exposure-stepping zooms. Twice the zoom range and 1/3rd the cost of the Fuji cinema zooms, with auto focus.

https://fujifilm-x.com/en-us/products/lenses/xf18-120mmf4-lm-pz-wr/

Works with X-T3. X-T4, X-S10 with firmware coming in Sept.

“…the first lens to be designed in ‘collaboration between FUJINON Optics and FUJIFILM X Series engineers”

https://www.dpreview.com/news/3492623346/fujifilm-xf-18-120mm-f4-lm-pz-wr-lens-is-parfocal-weather-sealed-and-will-cost-just-899

image.png.faf8ce00c64897d7cafd2999ff62d198.png

The FAN-001 calling accessory is an interesting idea. Acknowledging that under very hot conditions and long recording times, there will be issues. But also being ready with a solution for the user! An easy to integrate fan. 

Seems like a somewhat smarter idea than building it into the camera itself? As stills photographers don't want that! Neither do the 99% of us who don't shoot for hours and hours in the Sarah Desert. But they have this slick looking "fix" for those who do care about this. 

3 minutes ago, Django said:

It's almost like a BM 6K with IBIS & AF. And a more flexible mount.

Even has internal ProRes like a Blackmagic!

This looks really nice, the kind of video specs I was hoping from the Canon 7R - well done Fuji. Looking forward to seeing if the DR increase is real, with those Fuji colours will be a real powerhouse

And yes the new video based zoom is very welcome, 16mm at the wide end would have been pretty much perfect but mustn't be greedy 

The dpreview video mentioned and show a number of AF issues with both photos and video.  I saw lots of missed focus in the video and eye AF is not very accurate.  The 40fps photo mode drops to 15fps if you specify focus priority, otherwise you end up with lots of missed focus.  I am also seeing wobbles and jerking with the IBIS in video.

The video specs sound great but for run and gun it looks like Fuji is not there yet.

Some tasty treats. Young kids behind the cameras. Oly OM1 video remake made better.:) Tons of detail and equipped with what appears to be a fast readout. I like the colour palette and subtle tones. Shadow fall off looks a bit less impressive than the rest of the images attributes. Postwork will have plenty to play with. Impressive.

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

More impressive than the camera (which looks great) is that XF18-120mm. Parfocal, minimal breathing, weather-sealed, and a power zoom built into the lens!

I will never understand why more companies haven't done more power zooms. That lens sounds like a killer, even if it is a little bit on the slow side. Well worth it for a versatile lens that can do all of that.

4 hours ago, IronFilm said:

The FAN-001 calling accessory is an interesting idea. Acknowledging that under very hot conditions and long recording times, there will be issues. But also being ready with a solution for the user! An easy to integrate fan. 

I kind of agree, but also kinda just wish they'd build a fan straight into the camera. I get why they didn't, and I get that for MOST uses it will not be required, but it's just hard to get behind the idea of having to buy an external fan accessory to help with overheating.

3 hours ago, hoodlum said:

The video specs sound great but for run and gun it looks like Fuji is not there yet.

They are getting SO CLOSE, but I agree. There are just enough quirks still that make it hard to jump into the Fuji system. The big thing for me is they need updated lenses that can handle changes in exposure better. This new lens is definitely incredible, but what they've got out there right now aren't too good in this regard. That's a dealbreaker for me. The IBIS also doesn't look very good at all in video and seems more geared towards stills. My sports work needs good stabilization, because the cameras are so lightweight and small (+1 for the old heavy camcorders of yesteryear not needing stabilization because of how big and heavy they were!)

I love those Fuji colors so much though! I look forward to trying it anyway!

1 hour ago, androidlad said:

1/180s 12bit readout speed (Film sim, F-log, F-log2 >30fps)

1/94s 14bit readout speed (F-log2 <30fps)

It's the first cosumer camera to use 14bit readout for video, however the DR improvement is very little based on Gerald Undone's test (less than 0.5 stops improvement).

Was interesting seeing Gerald show how to squeeze out 14+ stops with the NR off and doing it in post though. Not seen those sort of numbers on mirrorless before

Props for Fuji using full size hdmi too

7 minutes ago, ade towell said:

Was interesting seeing Gerald show how to squeeze out 14+ stops with the NR off and doing it in post though. Not seen those sort of numbers on mirrorless before

Props for Fuji using full size hdmi too

That one really jumped out at me too, a little NR gets you a lot more useable info. Hopefully we see some comparisons with FF competitors. I miss shooting Fuji, but Sony (mostly because of the amazing AF) has my my life a lot easier and the Phantom Luts make getting great color Childs play with 10-bit slog3. 

Chris

4 hours ago, newfoundmass said:

I kind of agree, but also kinda just wish they'd build a fan straight into the camera. I get why they didn't, and I get that for MOST uses it will not be required, but it's just hard to get behind the idea of having to buy an external fan accessory to help with overheating.

The Vast majority of people using a Fuji camera are using it in photo mode. Why would you want the added cost and bulk for that purpose.

The bulk of all video for normal people come from Smartphones. It is only weird people like us that shoot video on a camera..