My first ML RAW pro shoot

Michael Van Ostade

Hi, just wanted to share this with you guys in case you were interested. I did a paid gig for a band and used a mark ii and mark iii with RAW during the entire shoot because our EPIC was acting up.

I was extremely pleased with what came out of the camera. See for yourself:

For gear, we used the mark ii for the "science" stuff, because the moire and alialising wouldn't be a problem in those scenes. The 60's living room and greenhouse were shot with the mark iii. 

For light we had 3 kineflows for the science stuff and used an M18 and M8 HMI light for the other stuff. 

Lenses were the great Samyang 35 & 85 and a Canon 50 1.2 for the in between shots. I didn't have trouble getting the width I needed because of the full frame factor.

Fun fact: all the space scenes were filmed oldschool Douglas Trumbull style using glass, liquids and GLITTER.

Hope you enjoy it.

I'm definitely shooting ML RAW again, we had absolutely zero problems.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I actually like the epic, if it decides to work. We've ordered an Alexa XT, but it hasn't arrived yet. For the size of this project (moderately small), the 5D RAW was perfect. I think we even got twice the amount of footage we could have gotten than with a epic/alexa situation. 

Also, because the 5D is so great in low light, using the Arri HMI's resulted in shooting at diaf. 2.8-4 at iso 100. All in all, complaining about 5D RAW is probably one of the most ungrateful things you can do imho.

Hi, just wanted to share this with you guys in case you were interested. I did a paid gig for a band and used a mark ii and mark iii with RAW during the entire shoot because our EPIC was acting up.

I was extremely pleased with what came out of the camera. See for yourself:

For gear, we used the mark ii for the "science" stuff, because the moire and alialising wouldn't be a problem in those scenes. The 60's living room and greenhouse were shot with the mark iii. 

For light we had 3 kineflows for the science stuff and used an M18 and M8 HMI light for the other stuff. 

Lenses were the great Samyang 35 & 85 and a Canon 50 1.2 for the in between shots. I didn't have trouble getting the width I needed because of the full frame factor.

Fun fact: all the space scenes were filmed oldschool Douglas Trumbull style using glass, liquids and GLITTER.

Hope you enjoy it.

I'm definitely shooting ML RAW again, we had absolutely zero problems.

where you using the latest raw hack..with hdmi out…?

I think so, because I used a SMALL HD monitor. The cropmarks were completely screwed up, but i just disabled the liveview overlays and put some masking tape on the smallhd and it was good to go

does your camera have the latest firmware installed…that's how you know if you're using the latest hack ...