Canon EOS R7 and R10 have released...

Dave Maze

On 8/16/2022 at 12:24 PM, BTM_Pix said:

Did you ever get that PZ E-1 servo zoom adapter for it?

Ok, I got it now!

They were only a couple left in Canon Greece (I doubt they will be more on shops as I searched on the usual suspects in the local market and they were none on stock), and it seems that it is discontinued, or something. I am sure Canon has a different priorities right now, than to spend valuable resources on such a specialized item.

Well, the thing really works, it is a bit expensive at 159€ (don't remember the original price), it is very small and light, it does the obvious thing, power zooming, different speeds to the touch (depending the pressure you apply), 2 main speeds to start off (Slow/Fast) and that's it.. (Manual/Power zooming switch also).

One additional plus is that I can hold the combo (camera/lens) a lot better now, it offers a base for my left arm and everything has improved. I am quite happy about this unexpected benefit, as it matches my holding style perfectly.

The 18-135 nano is a bit front heavy (plus the adapter, that extends the center of weight of the lens further from the camera body) and I wasn't 100% happy with it. One of the reasons I do not like to use adapters in generala; But as I consider the RF-S 18-150mm I downgrade, from the ultra fast focusing EF-S lens, plus the ability to use vND adapters (and have a usable and dead cheap run n gun kit) made me keep the EF-S lens instead of the RF. Plus I have the PZ-E1 thingy now!

The sound of the motor is not that prominent, but it is definitely audible from microphones on the camera (even external ones, but on the camera). The slower it goes, the more silent it is, and I guess it won't be an issue on a busy market in Bangkok, but obviously there is a little motor in there, there is no question about it!

All in all, not a life-changing experience, but a nice thingy to have for the purposes I mentioned above, also, I can imitate various genres fast zoom-ins now, without any guilt!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs