....Advice needed on 35mm lenses...

Christina Ava

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Lets stop talking modern lenses and talk real lenses.  

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CARL-ZEISS-Distagon-for-ROLLEI-HFT-35-1-4-35mm-F1-4-lens-/171312671882?pt=UK_Lenses_Filters_Lenses&hash=item27e307ec8a

build up a complete set of these.  35, 50 and 85, remount with Leitax, and you have optics made in West Germany, of the same quality as those used on real Hollywood films in the 70's.  With still phototgraphy capabilities yet to be bettered by modern lenses.

I own the 18-35 sigma 1.8 that I use on my red one mx, it is a beautiful video lens, so much that professionals in the industry are paying more than 3 times the lenses worth to have it modded in a cine housing. That would be the perfect choice but it does not cover full frame.

Since the 35 is faster and I assume it should be a little better or to the least just as good.

here is a video on a mark III, all shot wide open, looks plenty sharp to me.

Lets stop talking modern lenses and talk real lenses.  

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CARL-ZEISS-Distagon-for-ROLLEI-HFT-35-1-4-35mm-F1-4-lens-/171312671882?pt=UK_Lenses_Filters_Lenses&hash=item27e307ec8a

build up a complete set of these.  35, 50 and 85, remount with Leitax, and you have optics made in West Germany, of the same quality as those used on real Hollywood films in the 70's.  With still phototgraphy capabilities yet to be bettered by modern lenses.

Rollei QBM lenses are superb , Zeiss glass classic looks (if you get the right ones!!)

i am sure the zeiss will look much better than anything modern, im not sure if they adapt corectly on the mark 3, 

i adapted the canon 85fd and it was a real hassle, but worth it.

also they dont actually come cheap, i think that with the conversion this should total the same as the new canon 35mm .

on the other hand the sharpness of the zeiss lenses fits perfectly the mark3 muddy sensor.

another idea is the Voigtlander 40mm f/2.0 Ultron SL-II, a very cute pancake for canon.

i just cant seem to bring mysellf to spend on Sigma lenses...i dont like the image they produce, but this is totally subjective, a matter of taste and i could be wrong.

i am sure the zeiss will look much better than anything modern, im not sure if they adapt corectly on the mark 3, 

i adapted the canon 85fd and it was a real hassle, but worth it.

also they dont actually come cheap, i think that with the conversion this should total the same as the new canon 35mm .

on the other hand the sharpness of the zeiss lenses fits perfectly the mark3 muddy sensor.

another idea is the Voigtlander 40mm f/2.0 Ultron SL-II, a very cute pancake for canon.

i just cant seem to bring mysellf to spend on Sigma lenses...i dont like the image they produce, but this is totally subjective, a matter of taste and i could be wrong.

Rollei qbm is an easy remount - you can do it yourself.  the leitax mounts are stainless steel and take 5 mins to fit.  infinity with no problems