What memory card to use in Panasonic GH4

dombra

Hi there,

after reading mixed information about memory cards for Panasonic GH4 and as the camera has just been launched, this is probably going to be pretty hot topic for the peeps wanting to shoot with GH4. Can anyone who already uses GH4 shed some light on what cards work?

I am thinking of pulling the switch on camera myself in these days and info as this would be much appreciated!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I can shed some light on what I've tested.

Sandisk Extreme 95MB/s works on everything

Sandisk Extreme 45MB/s works on everything except FHD 200Mb setting

Transcend 128GB UHS-I Class 3 works on 4K. Have not tested on FHD 200Mb yet. Will try it tomorrow.

I was just reading the manual for the GH4 and it says only SDHC 4 GB - 32 GB cards work and SDXC 48  GB, 64 GB cards work. So it definitely works ok?

This is indeed a very important subject. AaronChicago it is very encouraging to hear that you have had success with those cards. I'm especially happy to hear that your Sandisk Extremes work on everything the GH4 shoots because I already have a bunch of those cards. Now would you agree that your Transcend cards are the same speed as your Sandisk cards. Or am I missing something?

Thank you so much!

Trey