Best drone buy 2022

Emanuel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Why do camera producers have a hard time to put the codec options out for convinient and comprehensible reading.

DJI and ZCam are nervewrecking when it comes ot codec infos. 10bit, 422, bitrate, framerates, that´s what we want to know about, the top specs and those easily accessible to read, pleaaaaase.

Mini 3 Pro is still 8bit and most of the low and mid range Zcams don´t offer Prores. Shouldnt be too hard to make that more transparent. It´s no fun wasting time trying to find the hard facts when they should be headline, even if they suck but then even moreso.

21 minutes ago, PannySVHS said:

Why do camera producers have a hard time to put the codec options out for convinient and comprehensible reading.

DJI and ZCam are nervewrecking when it comes ot codec infos. 10bit, 422, bitrate, framerates, that´s what we want to know about, the top specs and those easily accessible to read, pleaaaaase.

Mini 3 Pro is still 8bit and most of the low and mid range Zcams don´t offer Prores. Shouldnt be too hard to make that more transparent. It´s no fun wasting time trying to find the hard facts when they should be headline, even if they suck but then even moreso.

Hmm all Z-cam besides the very first have prores internal.

Thank you for letting us know. I just read about last years firmware update about Prores. Vendors unfortunately don't always the specs. Just checked a german vendor for the e2 mft and it says h265 in zillion resolution flavors but no mention of prores.  Zcam has so many e2 models. I have a hard time to figure out which are which. Is there an E3 or was it an E2 M3 and was it mft or S35?😊

WTH is going on here along with my fellow members in this forum?

This is a hell of a release... Under 250g :- )

<<The recent DJI Mini 3 Pro firmware v01.00.0100 update has quietly added 10-bit color when shooting in the D-Cinelike picture profile. Furthermore, the update adds true vertical shooting, additional framerates and resolutions, and a variety of automatic shooting modes.

Here is the full list of new features and improvements from DJI:

True Vertical Shooting

FocusTrack

APAS 4.0 (Advanced Pilot Assistance Systems)

Hyperlapse

MasterShots

QuickShots

QuickTransfer

Panorama

4K/48fps, 4K/50fps, and 4K/60fps

1080p/120fps to Slow Motion

greatly improved image quality

optimized flight stability.>>

From here.

image.thumb.png.2e865b24fa07bca40cf8b5faffb65571.png

With Philip Bloom's video too.

• 3 weeks later...

I quit DJI a few years ago, they make fantastic drones but the horribly invasive geofencing was the last straw for me. The best drone in the world is the one that takes off each and every time you need it to. I now use an Autel EVO II 6K and it fits my needs perfectly.

I use the LAANC system here in the USA to get flight auth, I don't need my drone demanding that I get approval from it as well. 

On 6/10/2022 at 3:07 PM, herein2020 said:

I quit DJI a few years ago, they make fantastic drones but the horribly invasive geofencing was the last straw for me. The best drone in the world is the one that takes off each and every time you need it to. I now use an Autel EVO II 6K and it fits my needs perfectly.

I use the LAANC system here in the USA to get flight auth, I don't need my drone demanding that I get approval from it as well. 

I like Autel offer or I wouldn't have posted here and there but the whole point is what DJI delivers today -- Autel cannot compete:

Nor Nano+ against the Mini 3 Pro @ 4K 60p.

5 hours ago, Emanuel said:

I like Autel offer or I wouldn't have posted here and there but the whole point is what DJI delivers today -- Autel cannot compete:

Nor Nano+ against the Mini 3 Pro @ 4K 60p.

My point was that all the paper specs don't mean anything if the drone won't take off every time you need it to. 

I live in an area surrounded by airports, and I had nothing but problems flying DJI drones due to geofencing. So for me today, the best drone on the market for what I need is the Autel EVO II 6K. 

Sure on paper the latest DJI drones have better camera specs, but I am shooting commercial drone jobs nearly daily with the EVO II so it is the best drone to me.

When it comes to drones and cameras in general, it is the whole ecosystem that makes one platform a better fit for your work flow vs another; paper specs are only a small part of it. Pretty much any modern drone or camera is overkill for most people, its the rest of the story that makes a difference.

• 3 weeks later...