Best drone buy 2022

Emanuel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

From same pilot (I guess Italian for the accent and landscape ; ) now against the...

...Mini 2

(I purchased last year BTW)

I don't see any better reason other than low light shooting conditions:

No idea what that insistence on "structure of sky" means anyway... I am not that pilot! LOL And I work with pictures for more than 30 years already now! : D

A particular note the way he describes the much (not necessarily mushy) most cinematic Mini 2 outcome which according him looks like those 60s' movies on a 4K display...

Funny to not be sad ; ))

And the concept how ignorant people (on motion pictures) see detail or representation of anything aka art.

- EAG

On 3/31/2022 at 7:30 AM, webrunner5 said:

Why do they still use such a small sensor in this day and age? Jesus, they act like it is 1988.

The Mini and the nano are designed to come in at under 250 grams weight so that they can avoid certain FAA regulations (possibly other regulations in other countries, too). Hence, the need for small EVERYTHING on them.

I had (still have) the original Mavic Air for the last 4 years, but recently replaced it with the Air 2s as my Air has been crashed that many times it doesn’t quite fly straight anymore!

Early days, but a noticeable step up everywhere including much better controller and a decent hike in quality of output.

Much better battery life also.

I had hoped to get a good amount of flying time in as practice since I’ve had it, but wet or windy Spring weather has prevented much of that.

Suits my needs.

they are a great bit of kit. I'd be very surprised if your air 2 couldn't handle a bit of wind. Although you'll probably hear the motors working to compensate, they are surprisingly good. The trick is not to send them too far down wind otherwise you might have a bit of an unplanned walk in front of you.   

3 hours ago, leslie said:

they are a great bit of kit. I'd be very surprised if your air 2 couldn't handle a bit of wind. Although you'll probably hear the motors working to compensate, they are surprisingly good. The trick is not to send them too far down wind otherwise you might have a bit of an unplanned walk in front of you.   

You mean like the time I sent my old one out across a bay to film a lighthouse and coming back there was a headwind and even in sport mode it was barely moving? 😜

I was stood on the clifftop wall of a sea fort arm outstretched to try and catch it because the app had been beeping like crazy for minutes and was showing 1%.

The updraught from the cliff was also pushing it up along with the headwind pushing it away.

Caught it and it died literally 5 seconds later.

But for those 5 seconds, it would have been on the rocks in a gazillion pieces 100 ft below.

I immediately stepped off the wall, sat against it and said "fuck" about 100 times until my breathing calmed down.

It wasn't the drone I was bothered about, - that's insured. It was the material I had captured for the wedding I was at.

I would still buy the one that I have now if I had to buy one tomorrow: the EVO II 6K. Yes the Nano is better in low-light, but where I live 10-20mph sustained winds are common and the smaller drones can't handle that kind of wind. I would rather a drone that I can fly back in the wind than one that is better at low light. I shot this video last year showcasing its abilities.

I left DJI due to its very invasive data collection practices and geofencing.

12 hours ago, MrSMW said:

You mean like the time I sent my old one out across a bay to film a lighthouse and coming back there was a headwind and even in sport mode it was barely moving? 😜

I was stood on the clifftop wall of a sea fort arm outstretched to try and catch it because the app had been beeping like crazy for minutes and was showing 1%.

The updraught from the cliff was also pushing it up along with the headwind pushing it away.

Caught it and it died literally 5 seconds later.

But for those 5 seconds, it would have been on the rocks in a gazillion pieces 100 ft below.

I immediately stepped off the wall, sat against it and said "fuck" about 100 times until my breathing calmed down.

It wasn't the drone I was bothered about, - that's insured. It was the material I had captured for the wedding I was at.

my mate did something very similar except of the gold coast seaway. He's braver than me.  We both had our drones out getting some footage of the sun setting one afternoon.

He sent it a long way out in a tailwind to catch some surfers, then realized coming back in was a lot slower and we were watching the battery level dropping  and then the beeping started, was a close thing soon as he had it over the beach he dropped it onto the sand. Never seen him sweat before. lol  

I have a mate who has been doubly unlucky with drones. 

1. First he had a Phantom which true to their name occasionally had batteries whose capacity would suddenly go from 40% to 10% in a few seconds. Tried to get it back over water but it sunk 20m from dry land.

2. The second time is immortalized in this video, The chances of 2 drones colliding in 3D space seem pretty slim to me but it happened in Myanmar. What happened next can only be described as 'lucky'.

On 4/8/2022 at 12:00 PM, Robert Collins said:

I have a mate who has been doubly unlucky with drones. 

1. First he had a Phantom which true to their name occasionally had batteries whose capacity would suddenly go from 40% to 10% in a few seconds. Tried to get it back over water but it sunk 20m from dry land.

2. The second time is immortalized in this video, The chances of 2 drones colliding in 3D space seem pretty slim to me but it happened in Myanmar. What happened next can only be described as 'lucky'

eeeek 😬

My first drone was Parrot Anafi - dont reccomend it to anyone. Now I have Air 2S and its very good. Geofencing could be avoided with some hacks and i basicly like it in all aspects, great drone pretty nice 5.3k video quality. But I am definitely gonna try a cinewhoop next. 

• 4 weeks later...