Manfrotto Monopod 290

clickhappy

I purchased a Manfrotto Monopod 290 some years back but it has rarely been used as I just cannot seem to be able to connect the thread to my canon camera.

On and off I make repeated attempts to connect but it never seems to work.

I wonder if there is a fault or damage but I cannot see any damage but the thread doesn't appear to protrude very much making it impossible to get any grip.
I wonder if there is any kind of adapter available to enable me to use my monopod ?

So far it's been one big frustration and complete waste of money.

Any advice on this problem would be greatly appreciated

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

If my memory serves me right, they came with a 3/8" adapter screwed onto a 1/4" thread. Maybe someone tried to get the 3/8" off with a pair of plyers or something and screwed up the threads??

Most consumer cameras use the 1/4", Pro stuff the 3/8" and a lot of them both at the same time to help the camera from twisting.

was it purchased new or secondhand ? unusual for a thread to be cross threaded or rolled over from the factory, but not impossible. There should also be about 5mm of thread protruding . Still the problem is probably out of warranty by now. Like mkabi has said the easiest  option is a new threaded screw if its removeable or baseplate  and screw 

I also remember some of Manfrotto monopods have a spring-loaded retractable screw. I don't remember the reasoning but maybe the spring is broken and if that is the case probably a write off as they say.

But if you like to tinker why not investigate it and maybe resolve the problem.