Short movie on one lens: Minolta 28mm 3.5

canonlyme

After reading that the minolta mc 28mm 3.5 lens is a secret keeper that's often overlooked due to its speed, I was really pleased by it's sharpness and look after some lens tests. Payed 30 bucks for it. Which is still a normal price today. When shooting a short film in Norway, I wanted to challenge myself with just one lens. I went with the 28mm 3.5 on my pocket 4k since that would be about 35mm in super 35, which scorsese for example loves and other filmmakers have sticked to during longer periods of a film. I find the 28mm 3.5 a tiny bit sharper than the minolta 28mm 2.8's I have tested. 

Well here is the result and I am quite happy with some of the images. 

MoviePoster_LastWill.jpg

1_1.6.1.jpg

3_1.9.2.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 3/23/2022 at 5:10 PM, PPNS said:

looks good man! some things could be simplified in the edit, and if you had a bigger crew you couldve polished some shots a bit more. glad to see some people are actually trying on here

It'd be interesting to know which parts of the edit you would simplify 🙂 Thank you! We didn't have any crew so it was natural lighting only. I think I would have used some more elements to make the lighting more pleasing. Also there were big problems with IR pollution and red skin tones. Which made me buy an IR-Cut filter 😄