C300 mark 2 - No signal to external monitor via HDMI

Dave Kent

I'm trying to get a picture to an external monitor via HDMI from the C300 Mark2.

I've tried a couple of Lilliput 7" monitors but can only get a signal and picture via SDI.... not HDMI.

Never had a probem like this with my other cameras such as GH5, Lumix 101E, Sony EX3 etc, it's just plug it in and off you go.

I have tried 4 diferent C300ii's and no mater what settings I put into the menu I can't get a signal.

Canon Support told me to check out page 172 of the on-line manual which i did but still no picture or signal.

I can't be the first "Dummy" to have this issue and I'm sure its a simple fix.

Can anyone help me out?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 2/5/2022 at 8:17 AM, Dave Kent said:

I'm trying to get a picture to an external monitor via HDMI from the C300 Mark2.

I've tried a couple of Lilliput 7" monitors but can only get a signal and picture via SDI.... not HDMI.

Never had a probem like this with my other cameras such as GH5, Lumix 101E, Sony EX3 etc, it's just plug it in and off you go.

I have tried 4 diferent C300ii's and no mater what settings I put into the menu I can't get a signal.

Canon Support told me to check out page 172 of the on-line manual which i did but still no picture or signal.

I can't be the first "Dummy" to have this issue and I'm sure its a simple fix.

Can anyone help me out?

Make sure your output is set to VF-LCD-HDMI/SDI. Default is LCD/VF.

Try switch it to 1080 (not even joking...). 

Been a few years since I last worked hands on with the older C300mk2, but from memory if in 4K mode you couldn't have all outputs on at all time. 

So thus if in 4K mode you had to selectively switch what you wanted to use, or not use.