5R Blablah not wunderbar. 5RC stop bugging me.

PannySVHS

I love and enjoy to get to know about interesting things and to get and share feedback as well. Threads that inspire action to create and to dream and fantasize about it before. I have enjoyed many threads with that quality. They have topics like 8bit Black and White, 2500hour Pmw F3 Hd marvel, EosM hacked digital Super8, Roger Coreman and Jim Wynorski, matching 5d3 raw with Gh5. There are many vintage masterpieces and, thank Gosh, lovely oddities in the Eoshd archive.

I would love people to contribute more again in that manner. I will post in the 8bit BW thread again soon.

5rc thread has great info now. Thanks to all of you. But it's starting to get uber bloated. Thanks to lack of own experience and own results with the cam.

Let's contribute more to interesting content and honour writing, creating topics for ouselves as an audience and keep up good manners.

Here is the video from a classy thread I just mentioned. Matching Gh5 with 5D3 Raw. The powergrade could still be in the original thread. Thread and video created by @hyalinejim
Quality writing and work.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

It's natural, Marty, after all, it's a new Canon camera. As you say, there's no even camera yet, so prevails speculation other than the customary paid reviews : ) Have you already check the camera conspiracies react? : D People can have fun anyway still with hilarious stuff and no need to take it much serious, they're just cameras ;- )

That said... let's pay more attention to the footage subforum other than the main one... everyone here! :- )

4 hours ago, Emanuel said:

As for instance, have anyone noticed the work of this old good fellow here other than a few of us?

Take a look on such well done BTS and tell me then that's nothing new to see there... ; ) LOL

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTXrI3UZLw5e8u66Dv_pnoQ

Here's another one:

Great hard work there! Sounds B&W deserves much more talents to only make B&W films today. Good bet!

Emanuel, of course, I know fuzzynormals stuff from Lumix GM1 to Oly Em5. Have been a fan of the approach and results, filming with little for great effect. Also a great fan of the Gx7 colour footprint. I love the posts and wish for more stuff in that spirit. What i get tired about is eternal and mega lengthy back and forth over specs. Even much moreso i get tired of megalomanias of misunderstanding and misinterpreting within uberlong and repetetive posts, bloated glibberish.

Fun fact, Mercer posted Fuzzys BW piece in the 8bit BW thread I have mentioned above. Gorgeous footage!

Not so fun fact, footage does not get recognition when buried in the sub section.

Until some time ago people were exited about vintage lenes. Not so much anymore in our lens thread. I posted there about the Konica 35 to 100mm F2.8, an exiting piece of glass, which i hunted on ebeach three times to get a great sample.

So i know and love fuzzy, mercer and all you great artists and enthusiasts and nerds. It just feels like the art of posting needs some redirection, curation, inspiration and better and tighter communication. I am just tired seeing great contributors wasting their talent in bloated debates and become bloated themselves.

Also I would love to further develope a structure of the forum to inspire posts from anamorphic, footage and raw section. After all it's a pity that gems from Tito Ferandes, Seb Farges and others are hidden and lost for an audience.

Also, giving people feedback, encouraging creation is something we did much better until some time ago. I will post a bit soon. Just like all of us a bit too busy with life to do so. But i am always exited when some gem of writing is contributed. Thanks for all the great contributions over the years.

16 hours ago, PannySVHS said:

Hey, dont try to sneak yourself out of our weightlosing shooting challenge.😀 @webrunner5

It sounds like you're suggesting that I also get into the weightlosing challenge too, with all my "bloated debates and become bloated themselves".

🙂

I'd enjoy more discussion about footage and lenses too.  Maybe you should post some?  I've posted multiple threads including lens tests, camera threads, and colour science / profiles.

You've only created three new threads since mid-last year and one of them is this thread which just seems to be complaining about the other people on the forum...  If you want the forums to be better, then go right ahead and start a good conversation.

forum

/ˈfɔːrəm/

noun

A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

"we hope these pages act as a forum for debate"

Forums always have and always will be full of diverse people.

We have a community of professionals and non-professionals and all have different requirements, opinions and tastes.

The moment any forum (or other platform) gets super-controlled to the point where it is unnecessarily over-modded or the 'Topic Police' come along to give you a ticking off for even going slightly off topic, I lose interest.

Most topics veer off at some point. (Guilty)

Every gear topic gets compared with other gear. (Guilty)

Folks are always speculating about what's coming next. (Guilty)

That's just how it is.

@kye"I am just tired seeing great contributors wasting their talent in bloated debates and become bloated themselves." Great contributors means people who have greatly contributed. There is a lot of appreciation in that sentence. Talent implies, I enjoy their display of talent. A lot of appreciation in my heart, mind and statement. I stand by that. And of course I would love to see you participate in the "weight loosing shooting challenge".:)

This thread is a complain as much as it is giving some of my suggestions, giving examples of great stuff, expressing gratitude for the huge archive of quality writings but also expressing my view of the state of things. I believe in this conversation.

@MrSMWYou are also guilty of having a great website and work for weddings, with best in town photography and wedding films. So guilt and pleasure are a wedded couple in the human ways. I don´t wish for super control. Otherwise I would have not even been able to express and discuss with you. Curation means structure of forum, suggesting things for display. Expressing what stuff we would be grateful to see from others.

I hear ya, but also, as has been the case for a lot of us, we have had an extremely unproductive last 2 years.

I don't want to go on about it (too much), but speaking for myself, just 10% of my normal workload.

On top of that, some jobs just don't allow for the same opportunities as some others and from the 6 (out of what should have been 60) jobs I have had in these last 2 years, pretty much all of them were compromised in one way or another.

I have expanded my video portfolio by just one job in now what is 2.5 years (ie, only a single one I have felt was anything better than anything from 2019) and ditto my photography portfolio.

I'd normally expect to finish any year with maybe 12 of each I could be proud of, so these last couple of years should have moved my personal game/portfolio on with 48 finished jobs, not just 2.

The net result of that has been deep, almost indescribable creative frustration.

Also speaking personally, I don't have any photo or video interests outside of my paid work, ie, my paid work IS my interest.

Believe me, I have tried some 'creative projects' of my own over the last couple of years, but to be honest, each one is like pulling teeth and does not inspire.

I'm a wedding hack and have been for 20 years.

There are other things I could do with photo and video, but again (without making excuses), the last 2 years in one sense would have allowed the time, but the means and sheer ability to do so, were removed by the circumstances.

On another note...and this goes for forums, YouTube channels, any social media and that is anything gear related, funny stuff, general mass appeal stuff, will always massively overshadow anything far more meaningful.

There is something utterly wrong with that, but at the same time, it just is what it is.

I rarely show my work other than from a marketing perspective to prospective future punters.

Why?

Two reasons I have established over the years and these are:

1: Outside of peddling my wares to my very specific niche market, no one gives a shit other than; me, my clients, my wife and my mother.

2: I've never sought the limelight or the stage. I'll participate in something I'm interested in participating in, but beyond, I don't give a shit whether anyone values my work or opinion. I really don't.

I will go and at least look at the Lightweight thread 😜 or whatever it's called and see if it's something I could participate in...

1 hour ago, MrSMW said:

1: Outside of peddling my wares to my very specific niche market, no one gives a shit other than; me, my clients, my wife and my mother.

Great sentence. From years of experience that rule is pretty much the blueprint to a happier life. Everyone else matters, but they don't.

14 hours ago, MrSMW said:

Also speaking personally, I don't have any photo or video interests outside of my paid work, ie, my paid work IS my interest.

Believe me, I have tried some 'creative projects' of my own over the last couple of years, but to be honest, each one is like pulling teeth and does not inspire.

I'm a wedding hack and have been for 20 years.

I will go and at least look at the Lightweight thread 😜 or whatever it's called and see if it's something I could participate in...

you should do a bridezilla parody or something. you have no doubt seen it all before.  An insiders insight might just be hilarious. 

2 hours ago, leslie said:

you should do a bridezilla parody or something. you have no doubt seen it all before.  An insiders insight might just be hilarious. 

Actually, though I have had a few (but not many) I have had more groomzillas…and they are a sight to witness in all their ‘glory’ 😉

1 hour ago, MrSMW said:

Actually, though I have had a few (but not many) I have had more groomzillas…and they are a sight to witness in all their ‘glory’ 😉

Hats off to you guys, that persevere with that for your jobs.  One would think that it should be a happy day for everyone, saddening  when it goes  pear shaped for whatever reason. i Hope that the ratio of good to less than good is on the higher end of the scale. 

1 hour ago, leslie said:

Hats off to you guys, that persevere with that for your jobs.  One would think that it should be a happy day for everyone, saddening  when it goes  pear shaped for whatever reason. i Hope that the ratio of good to less than good is on the higher end of the scale. 

20+ years, 750+ weddings, you come across 'everything' ranging from 'normal' to bizarre.

I could write a book. And maybe one day I will...

11 hours ago, MrSMW said:

20+ years, 750+ weddings, you come across 'everything' ranging from 'normal' to bizarre.

I could write a book. And maybe one day I will...

Reminds me of a book I just read - In the Weeds: Around the World and Behind the Scenes with Anthony Bourdain by Tom Vitale.  Some crazy crazy stories in there.  Great book.

On 1/30/2022 at 6:04 AM, MrSMW said:

an extremely unproductive last 2 years.

I don't want to go on about it (too much), but speaking for myself, just 10% of my normal workload.

On top of that, some jobs just don't allow for the same opportunities as some others and from the 6 (out of what should have been 60) jobs I have had in these last 2 years, pretty much all of them were compromised in one way or another.

Same here.  On the one hand I'm glad I got to do a film and be a creative lynchpin in the process, but I didn't get fairly compensated for it.  Could have easily made more money as a pan handler over the last 9 months that's been put into it.

For perspective, I did a job for one week in 2021 and made twice as much doing that corporate thing as I did on the indyfilm.

On 1/30/2022 at 6:04 AM, MrSMW said:

no one gives a shit other than; me, my clients, my wife and my mother.

Yup.  But I always tell myself unironically "posterity."  Could be a prideful rationalization, but I lean into it.  Be that as it may, we still have an active go-fund me for our film and we at least pull in some extended family and friends to help offset the financial hit.  Still, it's a pittance.  

Thanks for the folks here taking a peek at the thing, btw.  FYI, we're about one day from completion.  Probably one more 8 hour session and it'll be complete.

www.agiftforallagesfilm.com