Collector's (camerasssss) corner

Emanuel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't get us started. Two Iscomorphot 8 1.5x and not one of them rigged. Several Zeiss Tevidons and only the 35mm mounted. Two FS700 with EF speedboosters but only one mountable lens, a Tokina 28-70 2.6 in Nikon mount with a faulty Nikon to EF adapter. I have an Atomos Shogun waiting around without a cage and sofore unrigged and unused. So no tasty 10bit from one of the FS700 cams. For the two only FS700 job I rented a 24-105 and shot in 8bit HD. A silly story of being owned by stuff I own. Now some other people confess their sins. I might continue.

The only sin I'll confess to, is being sucked in on the marketing of the nikon v1. Its not a bad little camera per se. Its just the marketing had me believe the slo motion capabilities was more than they  actually delivered. There's also the fact 12 months or so down the track they decided to kill it off anyway. talk a bout a short life expectancy. Since then i do alot more research when buying anything.

I am considering using it in the next video challenge. Shooting some slo mo and upscaling it, to combat, john mathews with his lomography lenses 😁 also considering the notion of a p4k and takumar elmoscope combination. Figure i'll wait till the rules drop before i decide anything.

That tokina is a nice lens, i also have it in nikon mount. It has an almost cult like following on the bm user group. There's three versions of that lens. I think you have to be careful which version you get.  If anyone is wondering.      

your right of course , any sort of adapter and a lens suddenly has a crop of 5 times or thereabouts from memory. Moon is up shortly i think. Not sure if i ever bought a lens adapter for the nikon v1 i did have intentions of getting one. i'll have to look through my boxes of goodies.  

Yeah, that was a funny experiment... With that bargain, that created a style with short shots -- who can forget the new aesthetics founded in the meantime? LOL

Art follows life, as this camera seemed so! : D

I miss those enthusiastic times...

...when people didn't wonder on endless no overheating 8K60p RAW as a silly introduction...

Let alone the IBIS debate! : X Crazy times we live today! : P

3 hours ago, mercer said:

@leslie do you have the version that can shoot raw?

I believe it's the V1...

https://www.eoshd.com/creative-filmmaking/nikon-v1-shooting-4k-60fps-raw-for-200/

thats very interesting. thanks for the memory jog although i dont think i saw andrews blog about it before.

I was reading up on the v1 myself last night, different review, different site (sacrilegious i know, right? )  i did read about the burst mode on it, but hadn't connected the dots until you posted that link. 

I did find the battery charger and the adapter that allows me to use m42 lenses  on the v1  last night.  As well as the kit lenses i have, so i'm good to go. 

Im not sure about the raw format however. There's  no options to change the movie format that i can see. A very quick walk outside and putting it in the correct mode... i think, produces a file with .mov extension  about a second long which is what was expected. For further clarification we'd have to ask Mr @Andrew Reid about the actual workflow oh how to go about it.

There only 4 modes, motion shapshot, smart phot selector, still image and movie. i'm thinking its in still mode. Turn on raw,  turn on the high speed electronic shutter, hit the shutter release button and let rip. Makes the most sense. All the other modes produce a hd 1920x1080 movie or image. I then presume you export the raw images to your dng converter of choice and go from there. 

more infomation has come to hand during the day. The v2 version of the v1 allows you to use non oem lenses of any type with the hispeed shutter.  On my v1 only cx or native lenses work with the electronic hi speed stutter it seems.