2022 Weight Loss Challenge

CyclingBen

1 hour ago, leslie said:

Never thought to google it. Shows my predisposition to old school i guess. My cheap scales reckon 354 for the venerable 17mm smc that includes the metal lens cap and adapter. surprisingly  the v1 comes in at 385 which agrees with google.  if i add them together both a calc and the scales agree.  i guess im in the heavyweight division of the mirrorless section, so nothing new there lol.  

The weight for the Takumar wasn't from a completely reliable source (you don't really find specifications sheets for vintage lenses straight in google) and I wasn't sure of the version either.  Takumar do strange things with their versioning - "Super Takumar" and "S-M-C" and "SMC" are all different IIRC, and who knows if it varied from year to year either.  Lots of things lost to time around these points in history I think.

I have plenty of way heavier things, so I'm with you in terms of things being heavy.  If it was heaviest setup of only camera, lens, and adapter, I might give you a run for your money - the GH5 and something like the M42 SB and 200mm F4 Minolta would be right up there.  Or others.  I have several vintage lenses past 200mm I think 🙂 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

So, you lazy cats, what´s up with the challenge. Is it canceled, because @John Matthews pulled his Lumix GM1 and a pinhole lens into the spotlight, which is too impressively tiny?

What´s happening? I did some photos with my GX85 plus S1 and 28, 50 Canon FD plus 90mm Vivitar F2.5 Bokehmonster. Middle and heavy weight setups in the DSLM class. So what now? No footage and edits we wanna create then?

Lazy winter season it seems! 🙂

26 minutes ago, PannySVHS said:

So, you lazy cats, what´s up with the challenge. Is it canceled, because @John Matthews pulled his Lumix GM1 and a pinhole lens into the spotlight, which is too impressively tiny?

What´s happening? I did some photos with my GX85 plus S1 and 28, 50 Canon FD plus 90mm Vivitar F2.5 Bokehmonster. Middle and heavy weight setups in the DSLM class. So what now? No footage and edits we wanna create then?

Or it could be that some find counting their camera's Ks more interesting...

17 minutes ago, leslie said:

i thought we were waiting for a write up on the blog from the man himself, and some hard and fast rules ?

the extra time has allowed a crucial piece of equipment to arrive however. Notice i didn't say winning piece of equipment 🙄

That's what I'm waiting for 🙂

I'm having devious thoughts about a fourth setup, but I'm not sure if I'd find the motivation to shoot and edit 4 submissions!

Well, my friends, no Eos M as @webrunner5 assumed but GX85 with one shot of S1 in the mix. For the challenge Eos M might be the camera of choice though.:) Still waiting for my Cmount adapter to arrive.

The lightest camera setup was with the GX85 and a Canon nFD 28mm 2.8 with a focal reducer, heaviest was the S1 with a Vivtar 90mm F2.5 the famous Bokina lens. I shot this last weekend as a leftover from shooting photos and did an edit and grade today. Lighting with two aperture spotlights, the 300d and an Amaran, plus two extra Fresnel Bowens mount addons, with two 150w dedos in the mix. So I hope you enjoy this as a little appetizer. cheers 🙂

On 2/19/2022 at 9:48 AM, PannySVHS said:

Well, my friends, no Eos M as @webrunner5 assumed but GX85 with one shot of S1 in the mix. For the challenge Eos M might be the camera of choice though.:) Still waiting for my Cmount adapter to arrive.

The lightest camera setup was with the GX85 and a Canon nFD 28mm 2.8 with a focal reducer, heaviest was the S1 with a Vivtar 90mm F2.5 the famous Bokina lens. I shot this last weekend as a leftover from shooting photos and did an edit and grade today. Lighting with two aperture spotlights, the 300d and an Amaran, plus two extra Fresnel Bowens mount addons, with two 150w dedos in the mix. So I hope you enjoy this as a little appetizer. cheers 🙂

hmm, looks like you have your own model, i feel thats, like an unfair advantage,  😉 and i thought we were taking this outside ?  But considering its summer here, i guess the rest of the world is under 6 feet of snow. Still kudos for putting a something together. I'm still doing my storyboards. 🙄 One of your lighting shots came close to something i am considering doing. 

On 2/18/2022 at 3:14 AM, PannySVHS said:

i am not lazy,  i just procrastinate alot. 

fairly certain, the gh6 will be way above my paygrade for the next 12 months or more, maybe even forever. In a similar vein to  Sinéad O'Connor 's,  i do not want what i haven't got theme.  I have a do not lust after, what i can't afford mentality. 😳

Besides i a have a perfectly useable 4k cinema camera in the p4k. Should probably try to wear that out before i look at something else. Still i reckon there's room for another lens or two. One can never have too many lenses.😉

13 hours ago, PannySVHS said:

I know, it was just teasing to get ready for the challenge.:) @leslie
So it would be natural light only? That's great too. I would love if we can decide for a variety of subjects in front of the camera, human talent included.

Plenty of natural light here at the moment, may as well use that 😀 although i think a monopod may be on the agenda. Initial trials suggest, i find I'm not really impressed with the cloverfield look .