2022 Weight Loss Challenge

CyclingBen

12 minutes ago, leslie said:

i think its more about getting out and doing something with what you own regardless of camera type it is. i'm looking forward to other peoples footage and then the behind the scenes  approaches to the criteria others have taken.

I think this sounds just perfect!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hoping for some RAW goodness from 5d, Sigma FP and Bmpcc/Bmmcc. Also some 8bit nerd passion and fun vintage oddities. Andrew could show off his Canon dream lens. So many cool combos I would love to see. Someone had a Tokina 60-120 2.8. There is a photo of a Sony PMW F3 with a Nikon 28 to 70 with a Isco video 16:9 in the treasure corners of the EOSHD archives. Or the lightest gear, camera, lens like CyclingBen suggested in the original post. Well, I surely am with you on getting out again for some leisure time camera fun! @leslie

• Administrators

It's not a vintage gear competition is it though?

It's about smallest and lightest possible, even if it's a big compromise on image quality.

It's how you use it that counts.

I will try and get time this week to start the competition on front of the blog, then we can put some basic rules for point scoring down (nothing strict) and get shooting!

On 1/31/2022 at 10:48 AM, Andrew Reid said:

It's not a vintage gear competition is it though?

It's about smallest and lightest possible, even if it's a big compromise on image quality.

It's how you use it that counts.

I will try and get time this week to start the competition on front of the blog, then we can put some basic rules for point scoring down (nothing strict) and get shooting!

Personally, i'm leaning towards smallest, lightest of a persons current setup, we already done the vintage thing. i dont mean to offend but to hell with compromising on  image quality 😀

I have 3 Lomography lenses (all f/8) and they weigh 115g TOGETHER (about 38g separately). They cost me 20 Euros, I think. I'll use them on a 204g GM1. Quality, schmality.

Another limitation would to be that you can only shoot in-camera, no post other than putting shots on a timeline in  the sequential order you shot them in.

15 hours ago, John Matthews said:

I have 3 Lomography lenses (all f/8) and they weigh 115g TOGETHER (about 38g separately). They cost me 20 Euros, I think. I'll use them on a 204g GM1. Quality, schmality.

Another limitation would to be that you can only shoot in-camera, no post other than putting shots on a timeline in  the sequential order you shot them in.

I very nearly bought the lomography experimenters kit. Which sounds like what you have ?

Regrettably, i'm like the antichrist when it comes structuring or planning something. Lets not get to too religious on the rules, next someone will want storyboards. 😉 I'll compromise with shooting at f8 if we can get a consensus 🙂 However i'm happy to go with bonus points for peoples artistic interpretation or a different category perhaps. 

your shoot in camera comment does make me wonder, supposing a camera comes with extra functionality that maybe other brands don't have, is it forbidden to use that functionality ?  I bought my bm p4k camera for various reasons, no doubt others bought their cameras for other reasons. If you have say, a sony camera that can sing and dance, well i want to see that  😀 

Another point to consider, my camera shoots in log, I presume i am ok to use a lut supplied with the camera ? If we cant do anything in post then sending something in log will look kinda flat ? 

7 minutes ago, kaylee said:

the prize is $10k. and a trophy

Stranger danger 😀 you been absent a long time. Nice to see you back in the forums. How is your pup going ? although i presume he'/she is the size of a mid sized horse by now ?

actually i'd settle for some comradery and a  group hug 😊 there more than just winning you know 

On 2/8/2022 at 6:15 PM, leslie said:

heck we haven't even got to the rules yet!!  don't tell me your done and dusted 🙄

I'll assume you're talking to me..  

I haven't started yet either, as you say we're waiting for the rules.  I do have a few ideas though.

I'll give you a some hints....  285g, 193g and 83g.  One of them even includes a rig and external monitor.

51 minutes ago, kye said:

285g, 193g and 83g.

Wow, Kye. I have no idea how you're achieving the second two. If we're basing this on weight, then those numbers are going to be tough to beat! One of the guidelines I'm setting for myself is that I can't buy anything new just for this challenge. I have at least a dozen cameras cameras already and don't need any more. But nothing I have is that tiny. I can't wait to see how you're doing it.

1 hour ago, kye said:

I'll assume you're talking to me..  

I'll give you a some hints....  285g, 193g and 83g.  

Now I know your not talking about me…

I did buy some kitchen scales a little while back  I could weigh  my setup but i’d be over three hundred I reckon with the Nikon 1, adapter and takumar smc 17mm.

12 minutes ago, leslie said:

Now I know your not talking about me…

I did buy some kitchen scales a little while back  I could weigh  my setup but i’d be over three hundred I reckon with the Nikon 1, adapter and takumar smc 17mm.

According to google, the takumar is 228g and the Nikon 1 is 383g.

Its tough to use older non-plastic stuff, especially things like Takumars that were built super solidly and from high-quality materials.

Never thought to google it. Shows my predisposition to old school i guess. My cheap scales reckon 354 for the venerable 17mm smc that includes the metal lens cap and adapter. surprisingly  the v1 comes in at 385 which agrees with google.  if i add them together both a calc and the scales agree.  i guess im in the heavyweight division of the mirrorless section, so nothing new there lol.