2022 Weight Loss Challenge

CyclingBen

I wish I thought of this before the new year… 

Is anyone interested in doing a weight loss challenge for camera gear? My thought was we would start February 1st and everyone would do a 5 or 10 minute project with the lightest camera gear they own (no phones tablets or phablets) before the end of the month.

In your project post show us your normal gear and what you used to shoot the project.

Winner will be crowned the EOSHD biggest loser.

Any takers?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
16 hours ago, CyclingBen said:

Is anyone interested in doing a weight loss challenge for camera gear? My thought was we would start February 1st and everyone would do a 5 or 10 minute project with the lightest camera gear they own (no phones tablets or phablets) before the end of the month.

In your project post show us your normal gear and what you used to shoot the project.

Winner will be crowned the EOSHD biggest loser.

Any takers?

I think this is a neat idea.

Anything that encourages more viewfinder gazing than navel gazing is a win for me at the moment.

I'm in.

• Administrators

At first I thought you were going to tell us all to get off our arses and get on our bikes!

I am all for a hike around the British countryside with a camera the size of a match box.

Just to be clear, smallest camera wins, or best shots?

And don't forget small lenses. Smallest lens must count for something 🙂

3 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

Smallest lens must count for something 🙂

How about special categories, fi smallest lens to biggest body ratio or the other way around. Two days ago i enjoyed a plastic 25mm on my Gx85 for some glorious BW. Not that this would be unusual by any means for this place and its people.:)

@kye
you won't see me sell my F3, my friend nor the bmmcc.

We need a special category with camera body to data rate ratio, mbps per gram, giving 5d raw shooters some space- Hallo Glenn @mercer 🙂and the other way around, getting some  F3 owners to finally use their gem and some internal 8bit goodness!😊

3 minutes ago, kye said:

They're around, but were always quite expensive...  good luck!

yer about twice the price of the 15mm from memory, however there is 2 aspherical elements in there. So i figure the price is somewhat justified. 

getting back on topic what are the lens rules ? one lens, two lenses, points for lightest ?

8 hours ago, QuickHitRecord said:

Interchangeable lens cameras only?

I would prefer that. What combination do you suggest?:) We could also do a list of our stuff and people are allowed to express wishes. I would love to see Glenn @mercer with his 5d3 Rawmachine plus his Minolta 35mm 1.8. Then @hyalinejimcould join with his 5d if he still has it. @kye
might be generous and give us some tasty Bmmcc goodness. I could join that to finally do some legit footage with it. @BTM_Pix
could perform some more of his awesomness and challenge good ole Bmmcc HD with some Sigma FP 12bit Raw HD love. A challenge and a wishlist we could be exited about. I think @webrunner5 still has a 3 CCD Varicam on his mind. Now that would be a treat! Classy classic lushiness!😊

On 1/25/2022 at 9:23 AM, Andrew Reid said:

At first I thought you were going to tell us all to get off our arses and get on our bikes!

I am all for a hike around the British countryside with a camera the size of a match box.

Just to be clear, smallest camera wins, or best shots?

And don't forget small lenses. Smallest lens must count for something 🙂

I was thinking we do categories as already suggested. Something like:

1. Shot on smallest camera

2. Shot on smallest lens

3. Smallest kit

4. Best overall

8 hours ago, MrSMW said:

OK, I'll give it a go, but my smallest ILC is my S5, which kind of feels like cheating, so I'll go ZV1 and explore the creative opportunities it has there in some form or other.

I've got an idea...

i dunno, personally i reckon  you might be cheating if you rented something. However if all you own is something like this

tv-professional-studio-digital-video-camera-15888342.jpg.aa4a175db6166b75143c9bf383329d41.jpg

then i'm sure points will awarded for being ambitious or enthusiastic perhaps. 😉

i think its more about getting out and doing something with what you own regardless of camera type it is. i'm looking forward to other peoples footage and then the behind the scenes  approaches to the criteria others have taken.