sony zv1 or alternative?

stefanocps

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
17 hours ago, stefanocps said:

i bought sony zv1, tomorrow will be at home..only doubt is with rx100va...of course the version 7 will be the first choice, but price is another range

I'll test th zv1 and see if better switch to rx100va

I think they would probably be pretty comparable?

The ZV1 doesn't have a viewfinder of course, but I found that with my ageing eyes, I couldn't really use the V version I had viewfinder anyway.

I use the back of the screen pretty much all the time these days on all cameras, photo or video, - it's just more convenient switching between video and stills, tripods, monopods, gimbals, handheld...

3 hours ago, MrSMW said:

I think they would probably be pretty comparable?

The ZV1 doesn't have a viewfinder of course, but I found that with my ageing eyes, I couldn't really use the V version I had viewfinder anyway.

I use the back of the screen pretty much all the time these days on all cameras, photo or video, - it's just more convenient switching between video and stills, tripods, monopods, gimbals, handheld...

i don't miss the viewfinder at all for the same reason you said 😃

But the way the screen comes out in the va i think it is better, expecially when used in a selfie style...wathcing the screen will result in shot where you look aside, and it is not nice. This i think could be the main reason, and other minor like some more dials to operate, for what i have read. Zv1 also has a mic input and it is a good benefit, but for me it does not have much use in a camere which is supposed compact, as small as possible!