sony zv1 or alternative?

stefanocps

13 hours ago, stefanocps said:

I have a Fuji XT3 and i am happy with its results. 

Now the thing is that gopro was a present as i like to have a camera to use in  a very quick mode, and i can carry in my pocket. This is the main difference, and that's why i compare zv1 to gopro. Gopro is in my pocket, switch on and record..just like, i think, i could do with a zv1(i say that for example)

So i want to be able to use it mainly in this mode, and when it is the occasion as a B camera,(but it is not mandatory)..as long as it give me acceptable result i woul use it as B camera. Gopro give me horrible results

I still have my Panasoni GH3 that can also be used for the B camera pourposes

The GX85, is not so bigger than ZV1 but i m sure it will not go so easily in my pocket and that make a big  difference. In a   point and shot, scenario,as, as you say, with a very good knoledge the 2 can compare, but still, i am almost sure that zv1 will be faster and more accurate results( starting from AF which is panasonic weakness).

Of course if i use it as B camera everything change...but i want a POINT and SHot Camera that ocasionally  can be used as B camera with acceptable results...not the opposite

Basically i would like to have a "Digital Diary", to have it with me whenever and start to film at anytime. With some chance to be used as B camera...

P.S.

I still have 1 week left to send back to amazon the gopro and have full refund to invest in another camera...and i feel i need to rush to make up my mind

It sounds like you're set on a point-and-shoot and seems like you have a budget range to work with.

I'd suggest doing some reading and working out what the options are.  Any good review of the ZV-1 will list a few competitors, and their reviews will list more.  Build a list, read about each of them and eliminate any that don't meet your preferences, then search to find low-light tests and simply compare them.

A few hours with google should give you at least a pretty good guess about what your best option might be.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
10 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

You stated you want something to put in your pocket and just pull out and not have a changeable lens, well there it is a Osmo. Great stabilization, works as a selfie camera and way smaller than a GoPro. And relativity cheap.

but if works as bad as gopro in indoor situation will not help..or you think is better than gopro?

5 hours ago, kye said:

It sounds like you're set on a point-and-shoot and seems like you have a budget range to work with.

I'd suggest doing some reading and working out what the options are.  Any good review of the ZV-1 will list a few competitors, and their reviews will list more.  Build a list, read about each of them and eliminate any that don't meet your preferences, then search to find low-light tests and simply compare them.

A few hours with google should give you at least a pretty good guess about what your best option might be.

this is what i have started doing...also i would not mind to have direct feedback form who have alreday made a similar choice!

1 hour ago, stefanocps said:

but if works as bad as gopro in indoor situation will not help..or you think is better than gopro?

I don't know how good or bad it is. I have never owned one. There a several people on here that are way more qualified to answer that question for you.

I do know a lot about it, I was one of the original people that pushed hard for people to buy one. I Never buy anything new. I have owned hundreds of cameras in my life. So I buy used so I can enjoy them or not and sell them down the road for not much of a loss.

God damn there is the internet, get off your ass and watch 100 YouTube videos and make up your own mind. Everyone has different needs. I think personally you are not ever going to find what you are looking for. So just keep the damn GoPro and get off your butt and shoot. I am done suggesting anything to you, you seem like you want to be aggressive not regressive like you ought to be when you are asking for advice.

2 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

I do know a lot about it, I was one of the original people that pushed hard for people to buy one. I Never buy anything new. I have owned hundreds of cameras in my life. So I buy used so I can enjoy them or not and sell them down the road for not much of a loss.

God damn there is the internet, get off your ass and watch 100 YouTube videos and make up your own mind. Everyone has different needs. I think personally you are not ever going to find what you are looking for. So just keep the damn GoPro and get off your butt and shoot. I am done suggesting anything to you, you seem like you want to be aggressive not regressive like you ought to be when you are asking for advice.

i know that there is youtube and google and so on..but in internet there are forums also

And what are forum for?

Personally besides my internet search, i like to talk with people and have a feedback from personal experience

I find this a bigger value, to add the the internet search, btw..who told you i haven't done that? 🙂

I don't know why you say i behave aggressive, i felt to have aggressive answer though...mainly because some answer seems not considering the question!

That said..if someone get bored to partecipate to a forum, to answer to questions that are of no interest for him (and he has all the right..) well, , i'd suggest to do not partecipate

@stefanocps

I've never used a modern GoPro, or a modern point-and-shoot either.

My experience with threads like this is that either someone who has personal experience sees the thread and joins and gives useful advice, or they don't and they go no-where.  People like me and @webrunner5 keep the thread alive by replying, giving you general advice to google and checking your logic, thus making it more likely someone with specific experience will see it and reply.  Lots of threads on forums get zero replies and sink like a stone, especially on larger forums where something scrolls off the front page in a matter of hours.

Considering no-one else has replied, I'd say you're on your own!

7 hours ago, kye said:

Ah yes, I had forgotten you'd shared info early on the first page.  I guess I got distracted by the subsequent posts where it seemed nothing had been established except an increasing urgency!

So it seems did the OP who appears to have ghosted my efforts...

Hey ho.

29 minutes ago, stefanocps said:

who told you that?i t was helpful, zv1 as you suggested is my main idea now!

Sorry yes, I realised you quoted me on the bones adaptor link but not the ZV1.

Just assumed you weren't interested in my opinion or experience in regard to the ZV1 but my error.

But just to recap, - I think it's a brilliant little bit of kit...

Bigger than a GoPro or your alternative action cams but not as big as anything interchangeable which get disproportionally larger when you add 'faster' lenses.

IMO, the ZV1 is The Pick of the pocketable cameras for video.

Great quality output, great stability, great reliable AF.

OK, a fastest prime 4/3rds camera is going to beat it in lower light conditions, but good luck with the AF...

It's all use case in the end...

It's main purpose for me is actually as a static long form video backup for me and can either sit on it's own dedicated tripod, or on another cameras hot shoe.

Great bit of kit and it's only downside is it has Sony written on it 😉

1 hour ago, MrSMW said:

Sorry yes, I realised you quoted me on the bones adaptor link but not the ZV1.

Just assumed you weren't interested in my opinion or experience in regard to the ZV1 but my error.

But just to recap, - I think it's a brilliant little bit of kit...

Bigger than a GoPro or your alternative action cams but not as big as anything interchangeable which get disproportionally larger when you add 'faster' lenses.

IMO, the ZV1 is The Pick of the pocketable cameras for video.

Great quality output, great stability, great reliable AF.

OK, a fastest prime 4/3rds camera is going to beat it in lower light conditions, but good luck with the AF...

It's all use case in the end...

It's main purpose for me is actually as a static long form video backup for me and can either sit on it's own dedicated tripod, or on another cameras hot shoe.

Great bit of kit and it's only downside is it has Sony written on it 😉

i have been looking around for similar competitor(compact ones, pocketeable) ...lumix lx100 II, or tz200, or the various canon g1x, g5x,g7x..also the previous sony rx100

But it seems that zv1 in that segment is just unbeatable...even if would like to spend more money zv1 remain the first

That's for what i have found...If there are different opinino or suggestion welcome!

i am sorry for that little friction that has been goin on

As i said, i think forum are really valuable option to search infromation,  a part of google and youtube, because direct feedback from users are gold.

Even the Kye's focus on a interchabgeable camera was important, as i made some reseacrh to see if there could be one as samll as i woul'd like and that helped me in making my mind up about the compact choice

Eveb what webrunner said..i tried to understand more, and i was stimulated for a deeper search on action cameras, but i just could not underttand his suggestion.

What i have pointed put is that sometimes in forums, people are quickly and easily pointed in frames, generico ones, making the user just like another one, because they seem. I know that nowdays lot's of people just wake up and ask without making a little effort, ignoring that the seacrh is one of the nicest part (and acknowlediging) of the process..but not all the people is the same, even if sometimes might look like

It is easy to get carried away from this disturbing feeling in a forum, given the hundreds of contribute that are the same..but also is important to be always aware of who you you are talking to, as a person might seems like many another one, but t is not...

I like the Lumix 100ii and considered it myself but if I remember correctly, the ZV1 had it beat for video work.

I loved that fiddly little bastard, the RX100v and filmed entire weddings on it.

Mostly on a free-standing monopod and only 5-20 second clips without any dedicated audio.

More to make little highlight freebie video pieces to help sell my destination wedding photography.

Drove me mad as a photography camera however as did the ZV1 when I tried it on vacation last year!