EOSHD Moderating Team!

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Did I miss anyone? Julian would you like to have moderator powers too?

Thanks but no thanks Andrew :) I know I spend (too) much time here, but I can't and don't want to commit to anything right now.

I'd still suggest bringing back the 'marketplace' sub forum though. I'll gladly report al the offenders who still dump their ads in the general or anamorphic forums. With the new police it should be easy to move them swiftly :)

I will  be making extensive posts on lenses.... new... old, vintage... cheap and expensive and what their main good points are and how to get the best out of them.

And also some useful articles on general lens use that will help improve your shooting and make things more dare I say more 'cinematic' and less 'video' which seems to be what alot are asking for.

so say tuned folks and watch this space......

• Administrators

We could have a separate forum for selling lenses, but I'm not sure about it.

The for sale threads in the anamorphic forum keep it quite lively and bring about discussion of various unusual lenses. If we hid these away in a sub-section it might make the place a bit more dead.

What do you think?

Thanks for the welcome. As for what is and isn't acceptable, maybe an exchange I just had with Vitaliy from p.v. could be instructive. I PM'd him to say that a member had referred to Andrew Dean, who'd posted an admittedly frustrating test of the GH4 on YouTube as a dumbass. Vitaliy's response?

Vitaliy_Kiselev 12:30PM
"dumb is just English word, it is dumb to do something sometimes? yes. and he did not call Andrew dumbass, in fact he wrote exactly opposite. [Either the poster or V had quickly edited the comment - JP] btw, to your shock - we even allow such words as fuck, cunt and motherfucker here. go figure."

I wished him a happy birthday and told him I wouldn't be contributing to his site any longer.

The for sale threads in the anamorphic forum keep it quite lively and bring about discussion of various unusual lenses. If we hid these away in a sub-section it might make the place a bit more dead.

What do you think?

Most for sale topics in the anamorphic forums have 0 discussion (or even replies). I have the feeling a lot of people just come here trying to offload their crappy anamorphic lens for an inflated price, or just drop a link to ebay.

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Other suggestion: Selling topics allowed within the forum, only if you post proper footage (self made, not some random vimeo cat test).

Good move, but guys, I have been using forums for 15 years and one thing I always noticed was that the forums with high levels of moderation became boring, and the ones with light moderation were always more fun.

I think that banning somebody should only be done as a last resort when somebody REALLY crosses the line, not just for one or two offensive posts. Otherwise this forum will have a reputation for being up-tight (like the RED forums) and not free-flowing and fun.

Just my two cents...

It's hard to see a method to VK's madness sometimes but he actually is pretty good about dealing with outright abusive, psychotic behavior.  There are now places on this board I will no longer be participating because worse behavior has been ignored or even rewarded.  So be it.

Sean please come over to the lens part of the forum and contribute here with me in this new section on lenses and lighting.

Not many people on this forum have gone through the whole process from start to finish of making a full length feature film -

you and your Brother have and we need you to share your experiences and how you did it and what 'do's and don'ts' you came across while filming .

You and I are into the same style of lighting with Practials and augmenting it to looks real .....a la 'Fincher , Bigelow ' etc

Thanks for the welcome. As for what is and isn't acceptable, maybe an exchange I just had with Vitaliy from p.v. could be instructive. I PM'd him to say that a member had referred to Andrew Dean, who'd posted an admittedly frustrating test of the GH4 on YouTube as a dumbass. Vitaliy's response?
Vitaliy_Kiselev 12:30PM
"dumb is just English word, it is dumb to do something sometimes? yes. and he did not call Andrew dumbass, in fact he wrote exactly opposite. [Either the poster or V had quickly edited the comment - JP] btw, to your shock - we even allow such words as fuck, cunt and motherfucker here. go figure."
I wished him a happy birthday and told him I wouldn't be contributing to his site any longer.

LOL