Canon EOS R5C

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Got the R5c today, checked the video AF and it locked on fine.

512GB only last 30min of 8k50p, on 5.9k 50p it last nearly an hour which is more doable.

Might have to use the speedbooster again for 5.9k raw 🤔

And battery life is much worse than R5, 4k50p last 40 something min so I guess I will be pairing with my 18w pd powerbank for long tripod shoot..

Btw absolutely no video on photo mode. You have to switch mode to do video and vice versa.

Body and operating wise it feels like mini c70 when shooting video, better balance with lens than R5 I reckon.

20220325_163058.jpg

20220325_203927.jpg

20220325_204026.jpg

11 hours ago, ntblowz said:

512GB only last 30min of 8k50p, on 5.9k 50p it last nearly an hour which is more doable.

And battery life is much worse than R5, 4k50p last 40 something min so I guess I will be pairing with my 18w pd powerbank for long tripod shoot..

Btw absolutely no video on photo mode. You have to switch mode to do video and vice versa.

Body and operating wise it feels like mini c70 when shooting video, better balance with lens than R5 I reckon.

Congrats! Where did you order from (and what time of day)? I'm still waiting for mine. 

On 3/25/2022 at 3:16 AM, ntblowz said:

20220325_163058.jpg

20220325_203927.jpg

20220325_204026.jpg

Very nice.  So with a battery grip and power offs between shots is 80plus minutes doable?

19 hours ago, jpfilmz said:

Very nice.  So with a battery grip and power offs between shots is 80plus minutes doable?

Should be? But I would rather use powerbank which last ages, today I did an 8 hour shoot of talking to cam on 2K, the 20000mah 18W PD powerbank still have 1/4 power left.

Btw those Lumix lens bag is sooo useful, I still use them to put small stuff like powerbank or accesories lol.

276009740_658069338582752_5608492484820848107_n.jpg

5 hours ago, gt3rs said:

Are you sure that is a 18w pd? R5 needs 45w pd for charging while on, I’m surprised that R5c works with 18w

Does 8k 50 work with IS and AF on internal battery?

8k50p won't work with internal battery, only external, yeah you are right it is a 45w powerbank, got mixed up with my other 18w pd.

16 hours ago, ntblowz said:

8k50p won't work with internal battery, only external, yeah you are right it is a 45w powerbank, got mixed up with my other 18w pd.

So what brand of external battery do you use? And I thought you can use the internal battery for recording in 8K 50/60p raw, you just loose all power to the lens. Is this not the case? 

39 minutes ago, HurtinMinorKey said:

So what brand of external battery do you use? And I thought you can use the internal battery for recording in 8K 50/60p raw, you just loose all power to the lens. Is this not the case? 

And are you using the Canon DR-E6C DC Coupler as well?

12 hours ago, HurtinMinorKey said:

Oops u r right, it can record internally but will show this message.

I use mi powerbank pro 3 20000mah 45w, I see they have new model with 50w power, u just plug usb-c/usb-c port to both the powerbank and on the camera, no need decoupler 

20220329_193730.jpg

1 hour ago, ntblowz said:

Oops u r right, it can record internally but will show this message.

I use mi powerbank pro 3 20000mah 45w, I see they have new model with 50w power, u just plug usb-c/usb-c port to both the powerbank and on the camera, no need decoupler 

20220329_193730.jpg

Could you test with a full battery 8k RAW LT 50p with AF and IS on? As some reviewers (who trust them 🙂 ) mention that it works up to 50p....

2 hours ago, Emanuel said:

As far as I could understand, we strictly need external battery to reach 8K RAW LT 50p going with AF + IS but both work with RF lens (I guess with EF lens adapter too?), correct?

How come and from where comes that information you mention to be more precise mate @gt3rs?

From the official spec it was always clear that 8K 50/60 works with internal battery only without AF and IS, with external power AF IS works as normal including EF lenses.

If I recall correctly that Gordon got it working on internal battery 8k 50p (not 60) with AF and IS but it was a pre release camera. This could even be lens dependent as I can imagine that you need less power for a 35 1.8 IS than for a 400 2.8 IS lens or could be that the final firmware simply does not allow it anymore as it may not be reliable.