Iscomorphot 16 2x (focus through version?)

Rhood

Hi,

I have an Iscomorphot 16 2x lying around.
I searched here on the forums and on the net but couldn't find the version I have lying around.

Mine doesn't have any rings that turn.
So it seems like focus through version?
Is anyone familiar with this version?

I did some quick test handholding it in front, but didn't seem to get it sharp at 1 to 3m.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

There aren't "focus through" lenses. The lens you have without a focus ring is likely a fixed focus lens. That means they designed it to be focused at a specific distance eg. 4m or inf, depends on the manufacturer.

You can, however, move the front or rear element back and forth to achieve different focus point. Check https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmMiuMFQSuU for a similar lens.

If it's fixed at something like 4m then you will be able to focus from 4m down to very very close, unless you have a special variable diopter that has both negative and positive power adjustment.

I'd say the best way is to modify your scope to achieve inf and lock it there. Then you can use any focuser to focus it from inf down to about 1m.

• 2 weeks later...