Compact Anamorphic for BMPCC

premini

Hi, i have a BMPCC with a set of very small and nice Switar lenses and i am loving this compact setup. .

Now i am looking for an anamorphic adapter.or lens that has some characteristics that allow me to keep things small and manageable,:

1. Small - dont want a lens support or something bulky.

2. Focus Through - I am tired of double focusing.:)

3. 1.5x or 2x, i love oval bokeh.

Is there such a thing? The iscorama 36 maybe?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I also enjoyed the tiny Hypergonar but it has it's quirks: At first you need DIY mounting and filterthread solution (there is non)

And you definitely need diopters for sharp image. Maybe you can ask the Van Diemen "rehouser" for a special edition ;)

It is also rather expensive...

In my eyes the small Moeller has the advantage: Very appealing super sharp image, no diopters. Mounting is easy with Redstans clamp. 

The dual focus on the Moeller is also a piece of cake. You can even manage focuspulling with some practice.

For me that small Moeller is better than my Iscoramas :) 

I'm using my Isco Wide-Screen 2000 with my pocket on either the Nikkor 24mm or Mir-24m (it seems to like lenses that can close focus for best focus through results).

However, once i've got the back clamp, front filter adapter & diopter/s on it becomes less & less compact, but no lens support!

So Baby Hypergonar it is really & its hefty price tag.

dare I say it, a century / optex + tokina +0.4 could be the most cost effective answer.  it's actually very good on the smaller sensor and the tokina allows focus from 30cm to infinity without ever needing to take the thing off.  again, gonna need some type of support.  - the weight will mean your taking lenses will be under a lot of stress.  i'd be inclined to buy one and 3d print a lightweight body for the elements to cut down some weight   

edit: bokeh wont fulfil your requirements tho.

I like the suggestion of the widescreen 2000.  Also, there is a centascope for sale I saw.  Hans_Punk has experience with this lens and I belive it could be the answer - very lightweight indeed.

• 3 months later...