EOSHD is back, and a Merry Christmas from me

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators
11 hours ago, Oliver Daniel said:

I’ve been very quiet for a while but this article has reeled me back in. 

Firstly, I read this forum for years before I first posted, trying to learn what the hell people were talking about. It’s been invaluable as a resource. Thank you. 

Also, I found your more recent YouTube content very refreshing, honest and actually very funny. There’s a huge amount of “camera-tainment” out there with the same salesy business model. I always love it when someone dares to defy conventions and expectations. Keep doing it. 

Lastly, although situationally it’s different, I can relate to your fatigue. I’m going through somewhat an existential crisis with my work where I’m not satisfied with anything I’m shooting or what I’m shooting with. Tired of social media, it’s falseness, and yet, it’s essentialist to everything now. The spark I once had is all but darkness. 

However, your story is inspiring and certainly lifts spirits. I’m glad you’re seeking your spark again. I’m sure I will too. 😊

Good to see you back!

More YouTube coming soon

That should annoy Peter McKinnon all being well

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Eric Calabros said:

I want Z9 technology in Z6 mark 3 and DPR forum traffic in EOSHD 2022 😉

Happy Christmas. 

I can see that happening. the Z6 Mark III that is 🙂

If this place becomes like the DPR forum be prepared for me to go bye bye again!!

Dear Andrew,

been lurking a bit recently again no  conversation from my side though. My event shooting is dead so no work besides shooting for my brand.

No idea if you are back in Berlin but I regularly go up to the Polish Baltic sea for some surfing in frigid waters so if you need a change of scenery for shooting let me know.

In the end it comes down to having fun, being inspired shooting things ( no matter with what gear ).

Dude do it!!! We all appreciate it.

Adding to that. Since I shoot with (old) nikon glass and I like that stuff also happy to see Nikon not losing it completely....

Hi Andrew,

Welcome back - we've missed you!

I think you did the right thing in taking a break from it after 11 years, and very much agree with concentrating on creativity and how to get the best out of more modestly priced equipment. The latest multi-thousand dollar cameras are interesting as indicators of what will trickle down to the mainstream later, but there are a ton of other information and opinion sources covering that anyway, and for me the creative and tell-it-how-it-is blog posts/articles/forum posts have always been the real strength of EOSHD.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

7 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

Good to see you back!

More YouTube coming soon

That should annoy Peter McKinnon all being well

Thanks - it’s good to be around. 

Yeah Andrew, you’re one of the only people who actually dares to disrupt the norm and say it how it is. 

I’d love to see an “Am I switching” parody based on yourself. Sponsored by EOSHD so you can say whatever the ‘eff you want. 😂

Andrew, etal,

It's a fine, fine thing you've created here, kind sir. Many thanks to you and fellow forum folks, from this lone shooter, for the continuing experiential perspectives, insights and education...a welcoming place for me to have shared whatever "small change" I've had to offer in return. Gladdened to hear it shall live on, and with renewed breath...'tis a fine, fine thing, indeed!

🙂

Jimmy G

Cheers Andrew!

And Merry Christmas to you too! Glad to see you positive and back in the swing of things. I bought your anamorphic guide for the GH3 or 4? a few years ago and have appreciated all your work making m43 cameras sing. I have been producing documentaries for the last 10 years and have often come to your channel looking for tech help and workflow ideas. I also bought my Panasonic Leica 42.5 lens because of your thoughtful reviews. I've used it for at least 3 PBS programs over the years and it has never let me down. Keep focusing on the positive. You've done a lot of good for the community. I look forward to more articles from you in the future.  Many thanks from Idaho! Rusty Earl

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very glad you have decided to continue your blog Andrew! Your URL is one of only 11 that fit on my bookmark dashboard and you've been there I think since the GH2 days as I recall. I remember your articles on "The Great Zacuto Camera Shootout" where the lowly GH2 was chosen as having the best cinematic quality above all the more pricey cinema cameras. That's what got me going on Panasonic GH series cameras. I sure hope the GH6 really is released soon and will look for your comments when/if it does!

Thanks for keeping on keeping on!

John