EOSHD is back, and a Merry Christmas from me

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Welcome back and Merry Christmas, I was a bit worried about you after the last couple of posts and I've seen the effect social media can have on some other people I follow.  there is a photographer in the Lakes (Rob Parson: Just a walker with a camera) who I follow and who almost gave up last year after criticism online but he "pulled through" after realizing his words and pictures actually matter to more people than those who don't agree with him (and if you don't agree with somebody just don't follow them... simple).  so keep it going, speak your mind and don't let the bastards grind you down.

Dear Andrew, Merry Christmas and best wishes to you! Thank you for your work and this magnificient place. I wished I had contributed more than I did last year. Corona and changing social climate in Berlin have not been so easy. So I always came here to give my soul some rest but didnt share much. For giving us comfort and for this creative community and much more- thank you so much! I love your latest article/blog post. Great photos of you and great lomo shot. Looking forward to contributing and enjoying the spirit of EOSHD! love from Berlin, Marty

It's great to have you and the blog back.  Please stay very active shooting, both to keep up your creativity and morale but also because it's far more useful for the rest of us to have real-life situations than laboratory tests to learn from.  Also it just looks cool to see what you get up to out there.

And please keep up your picture profile research and development, you're the best out there.  I use Pro-Log and Z-Log frequently, and your C-log for the Canon DSLRs was extremely useful too.  Welcome back Andrew.

Andrew - It sure has been awhile since your last post, but it has been worth the wait! Happy for your decision as it make my world a little bit better. I’m ready for your real world thoughts on our beloved industry of the magic of capturing and saving moments of time.

I wish you a relaxing, AND boosting Christmas, and a happy new year!

/niclas

Sweden

Merry Christmas! And seriously you are the only reviewer I trust! And the only truly independent reviewer I know!! The articles you write are so fun to read! I look forward to reading them whenever you write a new one. Thanks again for all you bring to this community you built!!! 

8 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

87053621_10158004536926489_3736483610350

. I'm mega appreciative of the people who took the time to say how EOSHD has helped them over the years and that they want it to continue.

So that's what we'll do! EOSHD is back.

Read the full blog post here

I’ve been very quiet for a while but this article has reeled me back in. 

Firstly, I read this forum for years before I first posted, trying to learn what the hell people were talking about. It’s been invaluable as a resource. Thank you. 

Also, I found your more recent YouTube content very refreshing, honest and actually very funny. There’s a huge amount of “camera-tainment” out there with the same salesy business model. I always love it when someone dares to defy conventions and expectations. Keep doing it. 

Lastly, although situationally it’s different, I can relate to your fatigue. I’m going through somewhat an existential crisis with my work where I’m not satisfied with anything I’m shooting or what I’m shooting with. Tired of social media, it’s falseness, and yet, it’s essentialist to everything now. The spark I once had is all but darkness. 

However, your story is inspiring and certainly lifts spirits. I’m glad you’re seeking your spark again. I’m sure I will too. 😊

Hey nice to hear you have seen the light, no pun, and saved us from the common horseshit reviews and such on the old innerweb. There is just so much good stuff to look forward to not to be involved in it. And Merry Christmas from across the pond. Now I won't be bored to death this winter. Thank you thank you.