Just another early Christmas video

Grimor

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hahaha. I love it.

I didn't even use the subtitle track, and I still got it, all thanks to the good visuals and references.

IMHO, if you just work on the pacing (building it up slowly, to a crescendo), the grade (little more faded or washed out) and the soundtrack (more build up, with a heartbeat or its equivalent, as reference), this could easily be of a masterpiece.

Great homage. 

On 12/5/2021 at 6:29 AM, Grimor said:

As usual in recent years I have been making a Christmas video for the police force where I work.
This year with more sense of humor, parodying Breaking Bad.

No professional, all who appear are police officers.
GH5S + Sirui Anamorphic 35mm. Hope you like it.

Great stuff!  Lots of attention to detail here, and great casting on the "Walter" actor!!

Thanks for posting, I really enjoyed it 🙂 

Thank you very much for the feedback dear friends.
It is very stressful to make these types of videos when out of 15 people, only 2 really know what they are doing, and the rest are waiting and chatting. So I must dedicate to adjusting the lights, the camera, the set, explaining to an administrative staff how to turn on and start recording the mixpre. Unpack the sweets, distribute the sugar, help to dress the companions ...
Two different locations in 6 hours in total.
The total production budget was 0.
In the end you can't be at all ...
Luckily more and more people want to participate selflessly in our projects, so I think we can only improve for the next time.
I leave some photos of the filming.
 P.S. At the end of the day, the administrative person told me that he did not know why the battery level went up to the red zone and to the green zone so fast. It was the audio level (vu meter) and he thought throughout the recording that it was the state of the battery. At that moment I wanted to die 🤣

Guirlache.jpg

Guadalmar1.jpeg

Blvr Adolfo Suarez3.jpg

Blvr Adolfo Suarez1.jpg

Blvr Adolfo Suarez2.jpeg

I watched it yesterday and my comment didnt save. So my even greater pleasure now to express my joy and appreciation for your short film. I loved everything about it, the energy the rhythm, the visuality and shot design. Classic genre style in classy quality. I dont mind the rather "realistic" as opposed to stylised grades. I know the material could have been graded into many thinkable directions. Great stuff, thanks and keep em coming! cheers:)

Btw, had some troubles with saving my comment again. Has been like that for me a few times lately.

Here's my contribution......I put together a fun shoot with a local model for Christmas. Equipment used was two Panasonic S5s, one with the EF adapter and Sigma APS-C 18-35 F1.8 lens and the other with the L-Mount 45mm Sigma F2.8. The drone used was the Autel EVO II 6K and the gimbal was the Ronin S. Edited and color graded in Davinci Resolve. 

The studio cover photo was with a Canon 5DIV and the Canon 24-70mm F2.8.  The rest of the studio photos were shot with the 5DIV and a 70-200mm F2.8.

The concept was to showcase the best Christmas lighting displays in my area along with one of our local models.