Blackmagic Design URSA Broadcast G2 Camera announced $3995

majoraxis

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, Emanuel said:

I (obviously) agree with both of you as user but I'd say it is because of their segmentation coming from their business model :- )

Business models that can't keep up with reality inevitably die.

The archives contain millions of bankruptcy filings from businesses that would have been successful if the world was different.  In todays world, convergence will kill any business that tries to maintain segmentation.  This is basic economics.

Celebrating such things is little more than writing poetry about decay and death.

Well, media convergence of today has brought that dual world to this industry. Hence the hybrid reality of nowadays. I'd just not be sure their business model to separate waters is prone to fail for their uniqueness on their film world from their offer and a much strong one throughout the broadcast segment.

10 hours ago, Emanuel said:

Well, media convergence of today has brought that dual world to this industry. Hence the hybrid reality of nowadays. I'd just not be sure their business model to separate waters is prone to fail for their uniqueness on their film world from their offer and a much strong one throughout the broadcast segment.

Imagine a telecommunications company that had an internet department and a telephone department.  They decided that the internet department should be segmented from the telephone department so they release modems for computers only and refuse to do wifi because then it could be accessed with smartphones, and they refuse to release smartphones because they believe that telephones should be used for voice calling and SMS messages only.

How do you think they'd go?  World leader in telecommunications?

Would this segmentation bring them great fortune?

8 hours ago, newfoundmass said:

If they were THAT concerned with segmentation they wouldn't release a camera that can double as a cine camera, including RAW. 

Yeah.