Sony CineAlta Venice 2 8.6K Cinema Camera

androidlad

Bildschirmfoto-2021-11-13-um-6.44.13-AM.

https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/leaked-new-venice-2-digital-cinema-camera-with-a-new-8-6k-full-frame-image-sensor/

8.6K 3:2 30FPS Full-Frame
8.2K 17:9 60FPS Full-Frame
5.8K 6:5 Anamorphic 48FPS Super 35
5.8K 17:9 90FPS Super 35

It shares the same 8.6K sensor IMX610 (but no DRAM) with Sony A1 mirrorless camera.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I doubt this camera output won't be much superior... : ) I guess you mean high-end and prosumer in general is narrowing, that one I buy : )

Three decades ago when I was still starting my path someone who came later to VP of Sony Europe told me very straightforward: "Don't think you'll ever see the same IQ from one to another end because business will never allow it..."

I still believe he was pretty honest in those words addressed to me :- ) BTW, I met him at the Lisbon Sony's showroom then when he came there to take a look on some new slides device from their photography consumer range. He was the responsible for Portuguese Sony Broadcast & Industry division in the beginning of 90s.

One of the reasons I immediately embraced Jim's vision on his Red endeavour from day one ; )

Blackmagic Design is what RED didn't succeed to be : )

And today, I come here to the pioneering effort put by our webmaster to respond @kye or @mercer when they wonder themselves why I relegate to a second place the traditional manufacturers ;- )

Even though I always salute their progress (half dozen of Canons and more than a dozen of Panasonic cameras over my inventory yet nowadays :- )

5 hours ago, Emanuel said:

One of the reasons I immediately embraced Jim's vision on his Red endeavour from day one ; )

Blackmagic Design is what RED didn't succeed to be : )

And today, I come here to the pioneering effort put by our webmaster to respond @kye or @mercer when they wonder themselves why I relegate to a second place the traditional manufacturers ;- )

Even though I always salute their progress (half dozen of Canons and more than a dozen of Panasonic cameras over my inventory yet nowadays :- )

Huh?

Sensor is based on IMX610 from α1, but with 16 SLVS-EC 4.6Gbps lanes, intead of 8. The sensor itself cosumes over 5W power.

There's no DRAM. ADC operates at 14bit at 1/250s readout at all times (meaning 4ms rolling shutter in all recording modes).

Later paid firmware updates may unlock 8.6K 3:2 open gate up to 72fps, 8.6K 2.39:1 up to 120fps.

The reason for not includeing phase detection on Venice is interesting

“When you start showing very high quality moving images on very big screens the pattern created on the face of the sensor by the AF phase detection pixels and the wires that interconnect them start to show up as a very faintly visible fixed pattern (it's rarely noticed in still or static images). So the sensors used for Venice don't have any AF detection sites and that's why Venice doesn't have AF. In very dark scenes these patterns can sometimes be seen in FX6 and FX9 footage as a form of fixed pattern noise that never changes or moves.”

2 hours ago, Video Hummus said:

I love Panasonic, but they are missing a very important, yet still optional at a flick of a switch, feature. Hope they fix it.

And get PDAF fixed-pattern interference in the image?  

I don't think so!

It's like you didn't even read the preceding comments?

Curiously the fixed pattern noise, that appears static across frames is something I noticed in one of stars wars films (one of the 2 last ones). I thought it was a bad case of adding film grain, after shooting on a digital camera. Also, strangely, it was during one of the daytime shots, and not low light ones, like Sony explains in their reasoning doe not including PDAF. 

54 minutes ago, sanveer said:

Curiously the fixed pattern noise, that appears static across frames is something I noticed in one of stars wars films (one of the 2 last ones). I thought it was a bad case of adding film grain, after shooting on a digital camera. Also, strangely, it was during one of the daytime shots, and not low light ones, like Sony explains in their reasoning doe not including PDAF. 

Similarly, if you look really hard you can see the "stitching lines" on some shots showing skys in Miracle on the Hudson shot on Alexa 65, because the sensor is "stitched" using three A2X recticles.