Need help with auto exposure in continuos video clip moving from indoors to outdoors (EOS R6)

Wikzo

Hi,

I am filming a short video clip of a person walking from an indoor location (a bit dark) to an outdoor location (quite bright, with white bricks in the background) in one continuos movement (no cuts).

I am using the Canon EOS R6 in the Manual Shooting mode, recording 4K 25 FPS IPB. The Shutter Speed is set to 1/50 and the Aperture to the widest (f/4 on my lens) and ISO set to Auto.

I am using eye-tracking AF, which also influences the exposure. Due to the dynamic nature of the clip (one take), I cannot manually adjust the exposure while recording, so that's why I am using Auto ISO

The problem occurs when the person walks outside. At the door entrance, the entire image gets overblown, and it takes a few seconds for the camera to adjust the exposure. I'd like to make this faster somehow, since it doesn't look good when the person is overblown.

bhL1rYj.png

fGhDBc9.png

aK2HBpM.png

I can adjust the highlights a bit in post, but it doesn't look super good. If possible, I'd like to avoid having the camera overexposure in the first place.

• I have also tried Clog3, which is a bit better, but the issue still persists
  • It is not possible to add artificial lights to the scene
  • It is not possible to use another camera

Thanks in advance 🙂

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs