Sun Anamorphic Adapter 16

anacrofiloteca

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

If you want to fix it on a lens, then stepdowns can be alright but you will have to glue it or something in the thread. Otherwise the whole thing will unscrew when you focus the anamorphic.

Thx for the answer. I will surely glue it to the lens thread, either with slowly setting superglue or either with UHU like glue, so it can be removed later. One more question; what was the minimum taking distance wth your adapter? Regards

The minimum taking distance is around 1.2 meters. The scale says 1.5 but I find that it can go a little closer. If I need to focus that close I use a +1 diopter to be able to focus at short distances correctly (you can see in my previous post that my Sun has a modded front to accept 58mm filters)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Really nice shots, Gabor. And wish you luck with the rehousing project! Mine now looks as this, but I'm already thinking of rehousing it (anamorphic slider focus, taking lens with focuspull). Minimum distance without diopter =100cm (from object to taking lens, where SUN is attached), shown in shortest f_length (a portion of thread and brass guides shaved off):
ixix.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And there's an option of sticking Canon 2xB-extender behind FD 1.8 50mm. Regular Lumix 14-42mm still has much of vignetting...

No, wide open is not sharp enough. These days I will check the exact stretch, with various distances. The photo was sharpened a little afterwards and will check the alignement once more (with Full HD monitor), althought I'm quite close now on alignement.....

Some examples, some of them shot almost wide open, with a little sharpening in post...

[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/405/53bc.jpg/]53bc.jpg[/URL]
[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/689/z7pn.jpg/]z7pn.jpg[/URL]
[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/707/dvu9.jpg/]dvu9.jpg[/URL]
It seems that closer objects are easier to shot almost wide open, distant objects require more closing of the blades...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Andrew, cool footage. Did you use any steadicam?

Hey man, sorry for the real late reply. I used a glidecam ripoff i bought from ebay. It's not great, it's impossible to balance properly but you can get some okay results with it.

And Stanley, your footage is looking reeaallly nice. So are you using cheap closeup filters, nothing like achromatic glass or anything like the tokina? I want to be able to get closeups too .. I guess I need to buy a front filter adapter thing, then buy some cheap closeup filters? Would that be adequate? 

Also how are you  guysgetting your aspect ratio? Mine seems really narrow in comparison. You guys shooting 16:9?

I'd like to get a 5d3 soon, and was thinking if it'd be good to shoot 4:3 raw, and stretch out the 2x to get 2.40:1 - right? I get pretty confused with these conversions, aspect ratios etc.. 

Here's a lil photo of my sun and 550d for no particular reason.