Panasonic GH6 release has been delayed :-(

IronFilm

Press Text Translated via Google:

In the future, we will evolve into an attractive system with a view to cine lenses, and at the same time, we will continue to provide unique value such as developing lens groups according to the workflow of creators, and creators around the world will be able to work more freely. We plan to focus on the development of full-size mirrorless cameras that can expand the range of expression.

Then LUMIX might have thought that they had given up on Micro Four Thirds, but that’s not the case. While there is the option of full size, some creators dare to use only Micro Four Thirds machines because of the total mobility of the system, cost performance, and the depth of field they are looking for. In the future, we will continue to develop in both the Micro Four Thirds G series, which has both mobility and high image quality, and the more professional full size S series, making the best use of the excellent characteristics of both Micro Four Thirds and full size. I think

We are also challenging new camera shapes that give creators more freedom in video production. The BGH1 released in 2020 is a box-style Micro Four Thirds system, and while inheriting the video performance of the GH series, it can be freely customized according to the shooting style and is active in a wide range of shooting sites.
In October 2021, we also announced the BS1H, a full-size box camera that condenses the same image quality and functions as the full-size single-lens S1H in the body size of this BGH1. This will further expand the range of expression in video production.

The GH6, which is currently under development, aims to achieve both the mobility unique to Micro Four Thirds systems and a variety of video expressiveness. Both the sensor and engine have been newly developed to support 4: 2: 2 10bit Cinema 4K60p video recording, and we plan to achieve unlimited video recording time within the recommended operating temperature. I’m really sorry that I can’t tell you in detail, but please look forward to what kind of camera the GH6, which is still under development by engineers, will be finished.

LUMIX is the youngest camera brand born in the digital era, but we have been able to celebrate our 20th anniversary by walking with customers who love cameras. I am full of gratitude and gratitude to all the customers who have used it.

From now on, the culture of photography and video will continue to be diverse and diverse as the times change, and the way it is expressed will change in a complex manner. LUMIX wants to continue to be the one and only brand that always stays close to the creators’ thoughts, supports their creative activities, and moves forward together.

And I pray that the future that I have projected will be wonderful …

October 27, 2021

As Panasonic Japan had launched a special 20th anniversary website: http://panasonic.jp/dc/20th_anniversary/column.html 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Cine lenses would be nice though, with the current chip crisis the GH6 was always likely to be a vaporware announcement anyhow.  

I'd love it it they can support linear focussing on more lenses with lens&body firmware releases, it's very small selection they've been able to address so far.

DuckDuckGo translates...

<<

The GH6 currently under development aims to achieve both mobility unique to micro Four Threes machines and a variety of video expression capabilities. Newly developed with sensors and engines, it supports 4:2:2 10-bit Cinema4K60p video recording, and plans to achieve unlimited video recording time within the recommended operating temperature. It is a pity that I can not tell you in detail, but please look forward to what kind of camera the GH6 that engineers are still developing with all their heart and soul.

>>

Glad to read that Panasonic is keeping us in the loop regarding delays, very much looking forward to putting the pandemic's impact on global manufacturing in the rear-view mirror at some point and getting to see what this camera eventually will be! :)

I guess they still have 8 weeks to get it officially announced and shipped, but that doesn't seem likely.

https://www.dpreview.com/news/4760327634/panasonic-announces-development-of-lumix-dc-gh6

Panasonic is proud to announce the development of the LUMIX GH6 that combines the new Micro Four Thirds sensor and a new image processor. This flagship camera of the LUMIX G Series will be commercialized for its release to world markets by the end of 2021.

11 hours ago, kye said:

No, but has it been delayed?  They didn't mention a release date before did they?  or did I miss one?

It was supposed to be released this year, so it made sense that they'd announce something for the 20th anniversary thingy. Seems unlikely they'll get it out by January, but maybe? Either way, it doesn't hurt to let people talk about it without being scolded. 

2 hours ago, Origami101 said:

I can’t tell whether that’s an embarrassed admission they’ll miss their publicly announced 2021 release date or just an awkward statement the release isn’t now. I’m reading it as the former, but it’s hardly clear. 

I mean it's in Japanese that's machine translated to English, so it's not weird that it would sound awkward. 

I don't think it's embarrassing that it's going to be late. There's a lot of supply issues right now, I mean things like the PS5 have been out of stock for an entire year at this point. My MacBook Pro order just got pushed back a month. It is what it is. 

4 hours ago, newfoundmass said:

It was supposed to be released this year, so it made sense that they'd announce something for the 20th anniversary thingy. Seems unlikely they'll get it out by January, but maybe? Either way, it doesn't hurt to let people talk about it without being scolded. 

Ah, I didn't realise they'd previously said it would be this year.

No problem from me about people talking about it.  I guess I'm just over it when people talk like they're owed something by a manufacturer.  Not sure if you're on the FB groups, but there are some people going absolutely mental - like Panasonic has just gone back on a promise to release hostages or something!

There's a thing in psychology where the brain deals with loss differently than failure to gain..  ie, imagine you play a game with people where you toss a coin and if it's heads they get $1.  There are two ways to do it.  The first is where you show them the money, toss the coin, and give them the money if they win.  The second is where you give the person the money, toss the coin, and they give the money back if they lose.  These are treated VERY differently by the brain, the one where they held the money is a loss and the other isn't.  The brain REALLY doesn't like to lose.  People seem to act like the manufacturer has handed them the camera, so when it's not delivered, it's like they're reacting to a loss event.  Personally, it's not real until it's real.  

4 hours ago, newfoundmass said:

I mean it's in Japanese that's machine translated to English, so it's not weird that it would sound awkward. 

I don't think it's embarrassing that it's going to be late. There's a lot of supply issues right now, I mean things like the PS5 have been out of stock for an entire year at this point. My MacBook Pro order just got pushed back a month. It is what it is. 

Yup, I've got these ideas I wish to investigate for prototypes of products I want to develop for the film industry, but I've been running into serious issues just to get parts to get started on exploring prototypes to make. (let alone the many times more serious issue if next year I wish to orders parts in large enough quantities for production runs!)

And then this week, literally the day after I order a Raspberry Pi WH (I paid through the nose too, because I couldn't get my hands on the standard RP H) the brand new Raspberry Pi 2 W gets announced!!

Oh well, as one of the top YouTube comments said: "Excited to be unable to buy one of these for the next 3 years!"

Yup, the supply chain pain is real. Guess I can't be too sad about not buying the newer version instead.

"But due to global supply chain shortages, Raspberry Pi only expects to be able to ship around 200,000 units this year and 250,000 or so in the first half of 2022."

Those shipping numbers won't be enough.  

https://liliputing.com/2021/10/raspberry-pi-zero-2-w-is-a-tiny-15-computer-with-5x-the-performance-of-its-predecessor.html