DJI Mavic 3

androidlad

New collision avoidance system, side sensors removed, front and rear sensors shifted to corners and apparently wide angle

Hasselblad dual camera - top with 7x optical zoom - lower 5.7K 24mm f2.8 - 16mm wide angle adapter included

Apple ProRes format support

1Tb internal memory

More than 40min flight time

5000 or 6000mah li-ion battery

Battery mounts from the back

Mini 2 style gimbal now has integrated automatic lock

Will use the same radio as the Air 2S

New smart controller

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, Amazeballs said:

Specs look awesome, but does anybody has an estimate on its weight? I bet its heavy 😉
Double camera idea is nice, smartphones are doing it for a decade. 

I love my Air2S size and weight and don't want to go any further. Actually I would love them to slim it down. 

Yeah, 250g is the way to go because of the regulations... :- )

On 9/1/2021 at 4:26 AM, Amazeballs said:

Specs look awesome, but does anybody has an estimate on its weight? I bet its heavy 😉
Double camera idea is nice, smartphones are doing it for a decade. 

I love my Air2S size and weight and don't want to go any further. Actually I would love them to slim it down. 

The dual camera could make up for the size and weight. I can imagine, if true, you could get some very dynamic shots with this that were only possible before with much bigger drones or needing two models.

I liked the Air 2S a lot but the lack of variable aperture killed it for me. Still waiting on a smallish drone with variable aperture. Someday we will have a 250g Mini with variable aperture and 4K D-Log....

I've found the Mavic 2 Pro to be plenty small and transportable. The image is ok, but I certainly wouldn't want to downgrade it at all. These specs look pretty interesting to me. Love the internal 1TB storage Overall, very interested in this thing. Will it stay unde $2,000 is the question.

20 hours ago, Emanuel said:

What about the regulations...?

It's not too difficult to get certified as a commercial drone pilot here in the US. Hell, even my dog walker went and got his part 107 so he could sell drone services (not that he knows anything at all about videography). I've been slacking about getting mine, but I will. And the guy I hire when I need a second shooter is certified. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2021 at 3:14 PM, androidlad said:

Apple ProRes format support

First the iPhone, now a drone....  funny how this "backwards" codec is having a resurgence.

Maybe people are finally understanding that high-resolution / compressed-beyond-belief footage doesn't look very good.

12 hours ago, androidlad said:

https://www.theverge.com/2021/9/23/22690821/dji-mavic-pro-drone-leak-twin-cameras-four-thirds

20MP M4/3 main sensor. 24mm equivalent, f/2.8-f/11.

12MP 1/2" secondary sensor. 160mm equivalent, f/4.4.

Mavic 3 Pro and Mavic 3 Cine (built-in 1TB SSD).

With the specs on this, they could easily do a handheld cinema camera version of this, and it could do pretty well. Like an Osmo meets GoPro kind of ergonomics. M43 sensor, 2-2.5 inch display, more buttons, and threads in place for attachments. With the great codec and photo and video capabilities of DJI, it could replace a lot of large sensor cameras. I wonder if it's this is the new 120fps 4k sensor? 

• 4 weeks later...

All video spec leaked in full:

https://winfuture.de/news,126006.html

20MP 4/3" 24mm f/2.8 main camera

12MP 1/2" 160mm f/4.4 telephoto camera

5280x3956 stills resolution

5120x2880 up to 50P

4K up to 120P

1080 up to 200P

4K up to 30P on telephoto camera

HEVC codec bitrate up to 200Mbps

ProRes HQ support on the Cine model on main camera