Tiltaing Cooling System Canon R5

jpfilmz

Picked one up last week and finally got to to test it out. It does indeed extend record times and keeps the camera cooler. With the fan set to high in a 75 degree interior I was able to record to a 512 GB CF Express card 3 times with a overheat shutdown but for stopping the test.  That's about 78 mins of 8k raw recording. The Temp icon came on about half way through the 2nd card recording and stays on but the camera doesn't shut down. 

IMG_1511.thumb.JPG.cbc0820c0bc124e17cd672f6e36da15c.JPG

IMG_1515.thumb.JPG.84b91aa8d0325c1c0f7cb536f1638eab.JPG

IMG_1516.thumb.JPG.2039ddfbb7f7883a547483342725da3f.JPG

IMG_1517.thumb.JPG.589a3cb97fd031d95e47535133824c4c.JPG

IMG_1519.thumb.JPG.2d5dfa5efff9c82ce53281668de21e8f.JPG

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, jpfilmz said:

Picked one up last week and finally got to to test it out. It does indeed extend record times and keeps the camera cooler. With the fan set to high in a 75 degree interior I was able to record to a 512 GB CF Express card 3 times without an overheat shutdown stopping the test.  That's about 78 mins of 8k raw recording. The Temp icon came on about half way through the 2nd card recording and stayed on but the camera didn't shut down. 

Edited

Very interesting! Also wasn't aware the product finally came out. What about fan noise? Any chance you could post a video with what it sounds set to low/medium/high ? I wanna get this for my R6.

PS: also curious about how it looks/works with the power bank 

21 hours ago, jpfilmz said:

Ne ho presa una la scorsa settimana e alla fine sono riuscita a provarla. In effetti estende i tempi di registrazione e mantiene la fotocamera più fresca. Con la ventola impostata al massimo in un interno di 75 gradi sono stato in grado di registrare su una scheda CF Express da 512 GB 3 volte con uno spegnimento per surriscaldamento ma per interrompere il test. Sono circa 78 minuti di registrazione grezza 8k. L'icona Temp si è accesa circa a metà della registrazione della seconda scheda e rimane accesa ma la fotocamera non si spegne. 

What CFexpress did you use? 

Thanks for the info, jpfilmz! Yeah, I would love to see how you power this. It says in the documentation that someone posted on social media that you need an 8v power pack to run at full speed. Not even sure which power banks can provide that. Thanks!

6 hours ago, Rob6 said:

Thanks for the info, jpfilmz! Yeah, I would love to see how you power this. It says in the documentation that someone posted on social media that you need an 8v power pack to run at full speed. Not even sure which power banks can provide that. Thanks!

I've been using a FXLion 50wh and 150wh vmount battery interchangeably with power through a usbc cord with a usb adaptor to connect to the battery side to power it.  For some reason the usbc out from the FXLion battery would not supply power to the fan but the USB port did.

5 hours ago, MrSMW said:

Smug S1H owners titter in the background 😬

Canon R5 owners counter and bring up the subject of tracking AF 🤣

I like pretty much everything about the R5 and wouldn’t mind adding the fan…but then the power bank also…? 

I would just wait for R5C or R3...worth the money, imho, to just not faff around with something like this.

If this data is true, it seems helping quite a bit especially if you can power it >= 8v.

I never hit a stop so fare but I got close a couple of times so it maybe a good backup solution for some situation that you know it may become tricky.  

image.thumb.png.06ca77a00e4efcd72e6c67b3d65b0a51.png