Looking for advice on tall tripod with remote functionality for soccer

Rob P

Despite being a true amateur I've been assigned videography duties for local soccer club and am looking for a recommendation for a 16'(+)' tripod on which to mount a Sony FDR AX43 camcorder, along with the best set up for remote/wireless control of pan/tilt/etc. Anyone have suggestions for tripod as well as remote functionality?

Thanks

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Look into "laser tripods" or really tall, sturdy light stands. You'll have to adapt it, obviously, but you'll save hundreds (thousands?) on it. 

I've only ever used the Bescor Motorized Pan & Tilt Head, which is affordable but is wired and not very fast. You're looking at spending thousands for a faster wireless solution. The gimbal idea Kye had is an option but not an ideal one for a long soccer game. 

If you've got the money go with one of those tall tripods but you can get a 12 ft or taller laser/construction tripod for a fraction of the price and just adapt it. Cheesy Cam uses a pan/tilt head in this video. 

An even cheaper option is something like the Impact 13' light stand.

Impact Air-Cushioned Heavy-Duty Light Stand (Black, 13') https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B006U6NWFS/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_3Z4XMJS6QAH7YHJ30JQW

It's very sturdy and can more than handle a small camcorder. I have two and have used it as a tall tripod before and it works perfectly. I put the Bescor pan / tilt head on it and it works great especially for a $175-200 set up.