GH6 Contest with 10-25 and 25-50 lens

sanveer

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Trankilstef said:

Prices are insane (GH6 + 10-20 1.7 + 25-50 1.7). But the fact that you have to submit a short piece without sound is quite strange.

I am guessing Panasonic is working on finalising a Lumix Theme Track, and may be collaborating with someone famous (Hans Zimmer 😉). 

Panasonic should be generous and give away 3 x GH6 cameras, with different lens combinations (2× f1.7 primes, 2x f2.8-4 zooms, and 2x f2.7 zooms). 

It is a bit weird no soundtrack, but a good prize.

It is a combo I am seriously considering and all I would need for many years, especially the longer of the new lenses which for me would make my 2 ‘perfect’ focal length primes in one single lens.

1 hour ago, fuzzynormal said:

Something tells me that for this contest they wouldn't be too keen on seeing great looking footage from a crusty old GH1...

Any great looking footage should do, I am guessing. Even if it were shot on a   smartphone and worked on extensively in post. 

9 hours ago, sanveer said:

Any great looking footage should do, I am guessing. Even if it were shot on a   smartphone and worked on extensively in post. 

I thought it had to be shot on a Lumix camera?

I could be wrong and can't be arsed to read the rules as I won't be entering, - my skillz are not good enough to win anything, I'm a realistic bloke 😜

52 minutes ago, MrSMW said:

I could be wrong and can't be arsed to read the rules as I won't be entering, - my skillz are not good enough to win anything, I'm a realistic bloke 😜

🤣🤣🤣

"1) Follow @lumix
2) Pick one or more videos taken with LUMIX camera.
3) Post 15-30 sec. video with an explanation on Instagram.
4) Put the following hashtags: “#LUMIX20thLOVE” and the camera model of which the video was filmed (ex. #LUMIXGH5)"

Screenshot_20210806-220816_Instagram.jpg

12 hours ago, MrSMW said:

There is, technically, a Lumix smartphone. It's called Panasonic Lumix DMC-CM1. Though, I wouldn't exactly call the video high quality.

13 hours ago, MrSMW said:

mrSmw, that attitude wont cut it in todays environment. Haven't you been watching the Olympics, with all that go get em enthusiasm ? 

I say we stack the pack with entries from eosh hd forum members. that sounds fair to me  😉

On 8/5/2021 at 8:26 PM, Trankilstef said:

But the fact that you have to submit a short piece without sound is quite strange.

I was wondering if they meant "without music". That would make sense to me to avoid copyright issues. But then again, dialogue could be undesirable for an international use of the clip for promotional purposes. That only leaves foley sounds. Then again, there is no shortage on YouTube of "mood pieces" where the content creator put some slider shots in a sequence, added some music and called it a day.

9 hours ago, leslie said:

mrSmw, that attitude wont cut it in todays environment. Haven't you been watching the Olympics, with all that go get em enthusiasm ? 

The stuff that wins most competitions is the “why didn’t I think of that?” material.

The problem is most of us never do think of it.

I know my limits and winning an international short film comp is beyond my skill set 🤪