Nikon Z Fc - are you OK Nikon?

Andrew Reid

4 hours ago, Brian Williams said:

What’s with all the hate, it’s an alternate-looking Z50, and last I checked the Z50 was pretty well reviewed. Granted, I doubt I’ll sell my S1 for it, but hell, isn’t Nikon days away from bankruptcy? They’re trying out something that the masses might actually buy, I get it. Has phase detection, un-cropped 4K, it’s no worse off than one of the Sony APS-C’s.

Yes, if only Nikon had included IBIS (or 10bit) to their Z50 / Z fc, then I reckon Nikon would easily have had a better APS-C choice than Sony. (which is currently a bigger threat to Nikon than Fujifilm)

2 hours ago, ntblowz said:

Yeah, though Viltrox is making 6 new z lens, 3 apsc 3 full frame which should help a bit.. just the lens styling is fujiish 

https://nikonrumors.com/2021/05/16/viltrox-will-announce-6-new-autofocus-lenses-for-nikon-z-mount-3-x-aps-c-3x-full-frame.aspx/

Perhaps Viltrox will save the Nikon DX Z system, or at least as a stop gap measure until Sigma arrives. 

Just like happened with the DSLR Era for Nikon DX F Mount. If there hadn't been the holy trinity of Tokina 11-20mm / Sigma 18-35mm / Sigma 50-100mm, then Nikon DX would've been a lot less interesting. (I've got all three of these lenses for Nikon F Mount, either the latest version or the previous model)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
40 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Yes, if only Nikon had included IBIS (or 10bit) to their Z50 / Z fc, then I reckon Nikon would easily have had a better APS-C choice than Sony. (which is currently a bigger threat to Nikon than Fujifilm)

Yes, I mean Sony already has IBIS in their APS-C’s, but it’s unusable.

I’m not here to defend this camera, there’s a lot left to be desired, but don’t hate it because it’s beautiful and plastic (like my hometown of LA here).

1 minute ago, Brian Williams said:

Yes, I mean Sony already has IBIS in their APS-C’s, but it’s unusable.

Yes, Nikon has implement IBIS better in the Z6/Z7 than even Sony has in their a7 series. Is why I was disappointed the Z50 doesn't have IBIS, if they'd done both that and 10bit over HDMI, then I might have got one by now. I just wanted a mini/cheaper Z6 that's compatible with S35 lenses. 

• Administrators
6 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Yes, Nikon has implement IBIS better in the Z6/Z7 than even Sony has in their a7 series. Is why I was disappointed the Z50 doesn't have IBIS, if they'd done both that and 10bit over HDMI, then I might have got one by now. I just wanted a mini/cheaper Z6 that's compatible with S35 lenses. 

Still not as good as Panasonic S1 though

Why even think of getting Z Fc for $1000 when you can go on eBay for an S1 at $350 more?