Has anyone shot with...

mercer

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

Staring at my collection of unemployed HC lenses as my H3DII is broken and breaking out the justification excuses... 

BH has one for $18k... I'm trying to figure out how long I can convince the GF that the supermarket was out of food.

• Super Members
4 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Put the wallet away and stand back from the screen 🙂

Fucking hell. Its UK only so I'm glad I can't get back in for a while !

6 minutes ago, mercer said:

I'm trying to figure out how long I can convince the GF that the supermarket was out of food.

This is covered in Chapter One of my new e-book "The Gear Addicts Guide To Relationships - If All Else Fails, Ask How Many Pairs Of Shoes She Has" 

"Honestly, they were empty. I knew you wouldn't believe me so I took this photograph to prove it. I didn't have my camera to hand so I popped into BH to grab one."

225156_emptyshelvessainsburysaisle_562999_crop.thumb.jpg.d3d22411de92f0850fab8314e5219d21.jpg

• Administrators

Woman finds out man having affair with 7 medium format cameras.

"As if one wasn't bad enough!"

The self confessed gear slut started dating a Pentax 645D and his fascination grew from there.

"He was away in the evenings pointing his zoom at birds, I knew something was up!"

If you read the quotes in the monty python faux-lady voice it works better...

• Administrators

Here you can clearly see the reason I got the H3D-II 39 megapixel Kodak beast.

DSC02000.JPG

Brightened it up a bit so you can see the sensor size vs GFX 100...

DSC02000.jpg

It is "only 39 megapixel" but that is enough for me.

I have found my affair with the GFX 100 a bit financially draining and exhausting to be honest!

Who the fuck buys a 10 grand camera 1 month before a global pandemic?

Is sensor envy a thing?

What struck me the most about the 100c video was the depth in the frame... for a two-dimensional image, it feels like you can walk into the frame in some of those shots.

It's pretty wild.

When you add the texture from the raw image, the 16bit color and the advertised "15 stops of DR" I don't know if there are many cameras that can top that look.

I'm sure my 2014 MB Air would cut right through those files... haha.

3 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

This is covered in Chapter One of my new e-book "The Gear Addicts Guide To Relationships - If All Else Fails, Ask How Many Pairs Of Shoes She Has" 

"Honestly, they were empty. I knew you wouldn't believe me so I took this photograph to prove it. I didn't have my camera to hand so I popped into BH to grab one."

She's pretty smart, by the 3rd or 4th month, she'd probably catch on... I wonder how long it would take for her to realize her car isn't parked out front. That could get me halfway there.

18 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

I used to be into hifi and buying exotic valves and one of the stores that sold old valves started selling jewellery as well.  Lots of hifi guys aren't the type to really understand women so maybe wouldn't know where to start and (maybe out of guilt / obligation) would just shop there as it was easy and they were already signed up etc.

I have no idea how much they sold, but they still have a section of the site dedicated to it and their selection seems to have expanded!

15 hours ago, mercer said:

She's pretty smart, by the 3rd or 4th month, she'd probably catch on... I wonder how long it would take for her to realize her car isn't parked out front. That could get me halfway there.

Maybe combine things?

"There's a shortage of food, therefore prices have gone right up, that's why your car is missing AND I've brought less food home lately and the cupboards are bare.  Oh, and BTW, people are getting desperate out there, so better to not go outside and see for yourself...."