A Refusal to Sellout, Legendary Roger Waters turns down Facebooks huge offer: "Fuck you, Zuckerberg"

PannySVHS

Roger Waters, legendary member of Pink Floyd, received an offer for his masterpiece "Another brick in the wall". Facebooks Zuckerberg offered him tons of money, asking to use it for their new Instagram ad. Legendary artist Waters replied with an intense "Fuck you!". Here is his reply to Zuckerberg, who he calls "one the most powerful idiots" and "a prick". His rant is about as impressive as Robert De Niros rant about Trump. He is discussing Zuckerbergs "insidious move to take over absolutely everything." An amusing and maybe hopeful rant, filmed not in 8k.:) Meanwhile people listen to Barry Gibbs "To love Somebody" when watching the new google ad.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

He´s a wealthy gentleman, with his songs being his actual wealth besides money. "We don´t need no thought control"- these lyrics in the song shall not be in the service of instagrams thought control. Good thing, that Waters is not most people but himself.

• Administrators

Being principled is a thankless job and Roger is in a very privileged position so he is able to do what the fuck he likes. For normal people principals have a huge cost.

Yet it is always much healthier to act on principal, and let true feelings come out. Principled people are actually quite rare and as soon as money or business is on the line, principals go out of the window. It is why the world is in such a mess and why horrible people like Philip Bloom have Sony sponsorship even after all we know.

I think back to the Canon shenanigans of last summer and the lies which were told about it - I noticed that so very many people criticised me and unfollowed me over it, but very FEW people later thanked me when Canon released a firmware update to u-turn on their prior decisions. Nobody thanked Magic Lantern either or the people in China who made the various discoveries that showed up Canon for that they tried to do.

If we want to encourage principled stands as a culture or a country we need to reward it.

Instead our culture is doing the opposite, it is rewarding the unprincipled people who lie, or try to cover up the truth.

"We don't need no thought control" -Facebook, unironically

Lol, I saw this story earlier. Roger Waters may be a prick himself, but he's our prick and we love him for it.

I really want to see this proposed instagram ad now. Do you think they'd have a little choir of wannabe Instagram models singing "We don't need no education" or would they go with the bigger picture album theme of how (Instagram) fame drives people crazy/turns them into fascists? Actually I hope they were going to use the verses. Whichever marketing genius was going to make an ad out of "certain teachers who would hurt the children any way they could" or that their "fat, psychopathic wives would thrash them within inches of their lives" certainly has my respect.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, PannySVHS said:

Don´t buy their shit nor buy into their shit!

Easier said than done!

People are dependant on Facebook as they have planted themselves smack in the middle of our most important social connections, even between members of the same household!