Colorizer Fujifilm Film Simulation LUTs for multiple cameras

Attila Bakos

Hello,

This is the official topic for all Colorizer products.
My main focus is bringing high-precision Fujifilm Film Simulation LUTs to multiple cameras.
The following formats are supported at the moment, click the links for videos and details:
Fujifilm X-T3/X-T4 F-Log
Sony S-Log2/S-Gamut3.cine
Panasonic V-Log L & HLG

I also sell ACES IDTs for cameras that are not natively supported by Davinci Resolve:
- Fujifilm F-Log/F-Gamut
- Nikon N-Log/BT.2020
- Sony S-Log2/S-Gamut3.cine
- Z Cam ZLog2
- GoPro Protune
These packs include a lot of 3D LUTs simulating the ACES Rec.709 look, so it can be valuable for Premiere users as well.

I also have Technical fixes for common color shift issues caused by bad interpretation of certain clips in Premiere. I strongly suggest you check this out if you're a Fujifilm user.

As a bonus I created a bunch of free online tools for creating and modifying 3D LUTs, so if you're into this kind of stuff, visit http://colorizer.net.

Thank you for your attention,
Attila

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 1 year later...

New ACES IDT packs are released:

• Leica L-Log/BT.2020
  • Fujifilm F-Log2/F-Gamut

You can get them from here: https://colorizer.net/dev/index.php?op=aces

The Fuji one I did almost blindly, I couldn't get my hands on original F-Log2 clips yet, but since the data sheet is already out I created this package anyway. I used youtube framegrabs for verification and I can already see that if you bring F-Log and F-Log2 to the same contrast, the latter has more saturation, especially in the yellow-red area. And greens are a bit more yellow, foliage seems to be warmer.

17 hours ago, TheRenaissanceMan said:

I was talking about the Fujifilm Emulation LUTs, for which you listed several other formats. 

Ah I see. To create Fujifilm Film Simulation LUTs I need to have the camera for 1-2 weeks, and I don't know a single person in my area who owns it. The other thing is that it takes quite a lot of time for me to create these packs so I mainly go for cameras with large user base. In this regard I'm not sure about the F3.

7 hours ago, Attila Bakos said:

Ah I see. To create Fujifilm Film Simulation LUTs I need to have the camera for 1-2 weeks, and I don't know a single person in my area who owns it. The other thing is that it takes quite a lot of time for me to create these packs so I mainly go for cameras with large user base. In this regard I'm not sure about the F3.

Honestly, that's completely fair re: F3. It's a pretty niche market. 

So these are tailored to specific cameras, not just the color space + gamma? That's amazing. I'm assuming that means I can't just use a color space transform to put an incompatible camera into an appropriate color space, or at least wouldn't be guaranteed optimal results?

5 hours ago, Django said:

What about the Fuji LUTs for Canon Log?

I have an EOS R so it will come eventually. I'm also saving up for an R5C and then I can do something for C-Log3 as well.

5 hours ago, TheRenaissanceMan said:

Honestly, that's completely fair re: F3. It's a pretty niche market. 

So these are tailored to specific cameras, not just the color space + gamma? That's amazing. I'm assuming that means I can't just use a color space transform to put an incompatible camera into an appropriate color space, or at least wouldn't be guaranteed optimal results?

Yes the packs are tailored for specific cameras, I take about 10k color samples from each camera and from these measurements I create LUTs using my own engine. It's quite a long process.

• 1 year later...

Hi, the X-H2s Film Simulation LUT pack is finally finished, see the demo video here:

Product details: https://colorizer.net/index.php?op=xh2s

The F-Log implementation on the X-H2s is slightly different from that of the X-H2/X-T5/X100VI, but the difference is very small, so you might be able to use this pack on those bodies as well. If you send me clips I can apply all the LUTs just to make sure. (I only have access to an X-H2s at the moment.)

I also added extra LUTs to the X-T3 LUT pack:

- Classic Neg
- Nostalgic Neg
- Eterna Bleach Bypass

This is a free addition to anyone who purchased this LUT pack before.

Product details: https://colorizer.net/index.php?op=xt3

About the future:
I invested a lot of time into the original EOS R to create Fuji Filmsims for C-Log but I faced many technical difficulties I could not solve. The thing is it reacts very differently to changes in light compared to the Fuji and the resulting LUTs were only precise in very specific lighting conditions. I also have an R6II in the house so I might focus on that body instead, maybe that's a better match for what I'm trying to do here.
I also have an S5IIx with me, we'll see what I can do with that camera, I'm very curious about the realtime LUT feature.

@Attila BakosI've followed your work for years when I was shooting exclusively with Fujifilm. I've always appreciated your interrogation of Fuji's x-trans peculiarities and have purchased LUTs from you in the past. 

Now with this release for V-Log L and now that I recently purchased an X-H2s (first time back to Fuji in years), I purchased packages for both to ease in intercutting footage from by S1 and the Fuji. 

Thanks for continuing all that you do. I'm looking forward to using your Eterna LUT for both systems!

21 minutes ago, Walter H said:

@Attila BakosI've followed your work for years when I was shooting exclusively with Fujifilm. I've always appreciated your interrogation of Fuji's x-trans peculiarities and have purchased LUTs from you in the past. 

Now with this release for V-Log L and now that I recently purchased an X-H2s (first time back to Fuji in years), I purchased packages for both to ease in intercutting footage from by S1 and the Fuji. 

Thanks for continuing all that you do. I'm looking forward to using your Eterna LUT for both systems!

Just wanted to add to this... While I know that the Panasonic package is for V-Log L rather than the V-Log of the S-line, but I dove in regardless and I'm looking forward to the experimenting. Already having applied the Eterna LC to a number of clips, indoor and out, I'm pretty pleased!

@Walter H Thanks a lot, your feedback is very much appreciated. While the V-Log L version might work for the S1, keep an eye on the highlights, if the LUT clips them,  gently pull them down before the LUT is applied. The S5IIx package might be a better choice for you but I haven't started working on it yet. Whenever that's finished and you decide to get them, just let me know before you do :)

4 hours ago, Attila Bakos said:

@Walter H Thanks a lot, your feedback is very much appreciated. While the V-Log L version might work for the S1, keep an eye on the highlights, if the LUT clips them,  gently pull them down before the LUT is applied. The S5IIx package might be a better choice for you but I haven't started working on it yet. Whenever that's finished and you decide to get them, just let me know before you do 🙂

Great. I was wondering if there might be some upstream adjustments that I should keep track of based upon the V-Log L vs V-Log and I will watch the highlights particularly. 

4 hours ago, Attila Bakos said:

The S5IIx package might be a better choice for you but I haven't started working on it yet. Whenever that's finished and you decide to get them, just let me know before you do 🙂

I will! Thank you!

On 3/16/2024 at 8:02 PM, Walter H said:

Great. I was wondering if there might be some upstream adjustments that I should keep track of based upon the V-Log L vs V-Log and I will watch the highlights particularly. 

It's worth noting that this highlight clipping behaviour is a limitation with all LUTs, not just in this case.

Increasingly, cameras are supporting "super-whites" which are values above 100%.  My GX85 is one of them, and in my standard node tree I just have a curve with the white-point dropped down a bit to bring values back into range prior to all the subsequent adjustments, so I don't forget or accidentally clip anything that was available in the file SOOC.